Old September Blues (acoustic) on Winter Passing..

Started by paintaneight, Apr 04, 2006, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintaneight

Has anyone noticed a new acoustic version of Old September Blues is now available on the soundtrack of this movie Winter Passing?   It sounds new from what I've heard.  

Anyone have some alittle more info?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EGEJK2/104-9250474-1575922?v=glance&n=5174

BH

I was under the impression that it is the same one off Tenn. Fire or maybe the Chapter 1 Early Rec. but not a new version.  I am not 100% sure and I havn't heard it yet.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

wholovesthesun

i noticed the same thing. it sounded different in the movie. more stripped down. i'd be interested to know if jim recorded a special version for the movie or what
mmm...ber.

BH

Here is the deal.

There are 4 version of the OSB.

Old Sept Blues
first released on: "The Tennessee Fire" 2LP/CD (May 1999)

Old Sept Blues (ga-ed out version)
first released on: "Heartbreakin Man" CD EP (May 2000)
also released on: "Ch. 1: The Sandworm Cometh. Early Recordings" CD (November 2004)
note: recorded live at the Rotown, Rotterdam, The Netherlands on January 27, 2000 for "Lola da Musica", VPRO TV, The Netherlands

*Old Sept Blues (2 Meter session)
first released on: "2 Meter Sessies Volume 10" NL v/a CD (September 2001)
note: radio session recorded at the Byton Studios, Loosdrecht, NL, April 5, 2000

Old Sept Blues (acoustic version)
first released on: the "Run Thru" single (November 2003)
also released on: "2004 Sundance Film Festival" v/a promo 2CD-R (early 2004)

I am pretty sure this last version is the one that is also on the soundtrack but I have only listened to it from the run thru single so I can't say for sure.  I am still looking for the 2 meter session version.  Any help out there?  2 meter session Vol. 10 isn't exactly growing on trees.

(I need 4 different ways to get depressed in the fall. :-[)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.