Okonokos article and TRACK LIST!

Started by tdan, Jul 11, 2006, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pingybrown

I found Okonokos on a blog on Thursday. I went on a road trip this weekend to Vermont and then ended in Florence, MA on Sunday to see Wilco. My computer at home is not working, so I had my friend in Vermont download the album. My ride to Wilco and then back home to Rhode Island was indeed awesome. I listened to it only once and I would have to say that this version of "Dondante" is my favorite.

The overall sound quality is very crisp and clean. The performance quality is A+. All MMJ fans will be extremely pleased. Second time listening to it is NOW at work.

I just went and checked the blog and the links have been disabled. I will buy this album too of course.

BH

Holy Cow, leaked 10 weeks early!  Is that possible?  How does this happen?  I realize that Okonokos isn't exactly national security documents but you would think the record company could keep a little tighter string on these things.  I hate listening early.  I want the whole package in my hands when I digest it for the first time.  Sometimes the anticipation is the best part.  Having said that, if someone handed it to me, I would have to fight like the devil not to take it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dee.

Advance promo copies are always flying around.  It'd be hard to keep any album under wraps.

BH

If the album is actually complete, does it really take 10 weeks to distribute?  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

cmccubbin25

QuoteIf the album is actually complete, does it really take 10 weeks to distribute?  

excellent point...
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

aMD

Quotedisc 2 looks awesome, but i'm disappointed some of the Z songs didn't take a backseat to these gems that were played at the fillmore, especially The Bear and Strangulation:

November 11th:

Hopefully  
Where To Begin  
Picture Of You  

November 12th:

Death Is The Easy Way  
The Bear  
Bermuda Highway  
Strangulation  

hopefully they have a jim acoustic set during the DVD, thank god steam engine is there though

Agreed.  I'm also going to be very bummed if the version of into the woods with the epic all-male chorus doesn't make the DVD.  But it's gotta be on there, the DVD is about an MMJ show in the woods!  

rob

QuoteI found Okonokos on a blog on Thursday.

I just went and checked the blog and the links have been disabled. .

Well it's on more than one blog apparently, cuz I just got it. Listening to Steam Engine now.... :o......great version. Can't wait to hear the whole thing!  Of course I'll buy the official release AND dvd......with great pleasure.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

midwesterner

It definetly leaked.  It sounds awesome.  That is all I am going to say.  

joey_rogo

I'm gonna pretend I don't know it has leaked.

BH

me too.  i'm just pissed i have to wait 10 weeks knowing it's floating around out there.

SpacedCowboy

Lets also say its unmastered (Dont know if this is true or not).
That should also give everyone something else to look forward too.
and the pump don't work cause the vandal took the handle

dragonboy

Quoteme too.  i'm just pissed i have to wait 10 weeks knowing it's floating around out there.
I'm not pissed.
A promo copy is a promo copy, it's not meant to listened to in full by the general public. Take pride in the fact that you're waiting, that's how the band would want it.
I'm not saying that anyone who has it now should be ashamed etc etc, that's not my point. This isn't about the rights & wrongs of downloading leaked music, that's a personal choice for everyone to make themselves...
I haven't bought a new CD in a while (ages for me!) what with moving house & setting up my new school.
So I'm enjoying the anticipation & am looking forward to having an official copy in my hands
Sept 26th  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

LaurieBlue

from a blog entry:

"But out of any of the albums, I've been listening to of late, the best of the bunch is My Morning Jacket's forthcoming live album Okonokos. It's not slated to come out for a little while longer, but this album is ridiculously good. I don't even like live albums for the most part, but this one does a faithful job of replicating the brilliance of MMJ's live show. Regardless of whether you like this band or not, it's a must buy album."

http://passionweiss.blogspot.com/2006/07/apparently-wu-tang-isnt-only-for.html

MyLifeISought

I'm sitting here with the torrent in front of me. But i will be strong.
(woohoo, 200 posts!)
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

Meddle

I must be very dumb, but i cannot find it
...And Some Are Angels...

Meddle

I take it back, I'm multilingual ;)
...And Some Are Angels...