The Tennessee Fire

Started by JacketGirl, Jun 29, 2006, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketGal

Dayum straight Jacket fans this record is amazing. I didn't get it as much when I first heard it, thought it lacked in production and sounded muddy. The first Jacket record I heard was ISM but going back and listening to the older stuff has been awesome! And what's nice about TF is that it gets more interesting and better with each listen.....at least to my ears!

I am officially hoping that they bust out By My Car this summer  or fall!!

(where's that thumbs up icon??  ;))

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Jon T.

That is exactly how it worked out for me as well.  TTF was took the longest to grow on me and it still is.  In fact, I put it on this morning on my way to work.  I just got back from lunch and had to listen to By My Car and Butch Cassidy twice :)

jeffro79

Tenn. Fire is my favorite MMJ album and I started w/ ISM also. I'm hoping for War Begun or The Dark this tues.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

TEO

I know what you mean. I am still working on "TF"! But hopefully like other bands that I love, the earlier material will prove itself to be just as substantial as the other work.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

MMJ_fanatic

For me, the 1st listen to "The Bear" was immediate love--this warmed to the CD immediately.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

Does"Butch Cassidy" make anyone else cry? it wasn't until I read the lyrics, and then every time i listen to it and think about it, i get this huge lump in my throat.

i love that song. it's strange that it's one of my favorites from that album.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Dee.

My sister's love of Butch Cassidy and By My Car is so great that it's reached comical proportions.  She always jokes that she is going to request them live.  "BUTCH CASSSSSSIDY!!!!"  I mean I love them too, but she's taken it to a whole 'nother level.  :)

Anyway, yeah Tennessee Fire gets an A++.  

rob

QuoteDoes"Butch Cassidy" make anyone else cry?

No, but Nashville To Kentucky could.......LOVE those lyrics.........and that chill-inducin' singin'.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

BH

Actually, just the other day, By My Car was the 3rd MMJ song  that got an actual tear to emerge.  Wierd what this shit does to me.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Easy Morning Rebel

You're so right! I loooooooooooove that record so much. I'm totally in love with the song "They Ran". It's brilliant! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

EC

QuoteI am officially hoping that they bust out By My Car this summer  or fall!!
[size=18]what a great idea!!!!![/size]

Coltrane

"I Will Be There When You Die"

'nuff said.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Jellyfish

Yeah,my fav MMJ record as well.It took me awhile to get over the low budget sound and actually appreciate it.It's a perfect record for those long lonely nights.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteYeah,my fav MMJ record as well.It took me awhile to get over the low budget sound and actually appreciate it.It's a perfect record for those long lonely nights.
SO TRUE!
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

thebigbang

Still my favorite album.  The songs are incredible. When you long to know the inspiration, the mystery . . . oh, such is love.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

diggoryvenn

The Tennessee Fire was actually the first MMJ album I bought; my friend burned me It Still Moves and At Dawn but I only gave them a couple listens before picking up TTF and putting it on repeat for about three days.  I was so pumped to finally see them play "The Bear" and "Evelyn Is Not Real" at bonnaroo this year.

JacketGal

I'm still on the TF kick. I can't get enough!  And the record gets better with each listen, is that possible?   ;D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

jrat

i gave a buddy of mine all 4 of the albums i had, to see if i could spread the virus, and the one that made him sick....TTF. its by far and away his favourite. it was my least favourite for months, now i cant get it out of my cd player. the bacteria has multiplied and im covered in TTF!!
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

dhollensbe

OK, I finally got around to buying the entire album today, I had grabbed a few tracks a while ago....two words, LOVE IT
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

Oz

TTF was my introduction to the band in 2000 and it blew me away. They have never topped it since, nor will they ever, and maybe that's a good thing, really. But by making their sound bigger and larger, I think they've lost something of the magic that can be found on TTF. I just read the 'Show me your Dondante' topic and I thought it was funny how all the live band versions of that song are over 10 minutes and then Jim did a solo one of just 5 minutes and I just know for a fact that that version would have hit me the hardest...
I'm ready when you are