okonokos - who's heard it?

Started by sideroad32, Aug 11, 2006, 11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sideroad32

I've heard the first disc and a couple tracks of the second so far, and I'm diggin' it.
anyone else hear it yet?
looking forward to actually having the disc in my hands, and even more so the DVD.

Meddle

Heard it in its entirety... Good Album... Most people have downloaded the show itself, but not all have heard the mastered version..(Okonokos)
...And Some Are Angels...

Nikkogino

I love it...the only thing missing is "The Bear" but the version of "Xmas Curtain" makes up for it.

rob

It's good, but honestly I'm pretty 'live-d' out. And I'm sure the DVD will be really cool, but somebody wake me when they're back in the recording studio.  :D
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

brkndwnbus

enjoyed it. the opening to 'Lowdown' makes that song even better.

SiOuxTribe

Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

Nikkogino

wordawg

When does it come out?

Remember, I ain't at no listening pardee and I lives in Engerland.

I thank yous
the future is Ginger

wordawg

Quoteit leaked a while back

So how do you get a sneak peek at the leak?
the future is Ginger

realdeal

QuoteIt's good, but honestly I'm pretty 'live-d' out. And I'm sure the DVD will be really cool, but somebody wake me when they're back in the recording studio.  :D

we think alike. i've heard enough live material over the past year to please my ears. i need digital quality visuals!!!! then i'll join you in hibernation...

sideroad32

I've now listened to the whole album and I have to say that some of the newer tunes don't get me too excited without the visuals, as most are pretty close to the album version.  But the older tunes, basically anything not from Z really are great as we have not had good recorded versions of these songs with the newer lineup.
The mix is really nice to.  Nice to hear carl and bos work up high in the mix.  And its definately not a cleaned up live album which I always appreciated, a few warts makes for an interesting show.

Nikkogino

QuoteI've now listened to the whole album and I have to say that some of the newer tunes don't get me too excited without the visuals, as most are pretty close to the album version.  But the older tunes, basically anything not from Z really are great as we have not had good recorded versions of these songs with the newer lineup.
The mix is really nice to.  Nice to hear carl and bos work up high in the mix.  And its definately not a cleaned up live album which I always appreciated, a few warts makes for an interesting show.

I agree fully.  You are right in that the songs from Z are rather boring on okonokos because they sound album-like but the older songs (lowdown with an added intro, and xmas curtain with its sweet guitar) shine greatly.  Jim either didn't say anything in between songs that night or his comments were cut out...just straight up music.  I woulda kinda liked some talking but oh well.

rob

You are right in that the songs from Z are rather boring on okonokos because they sound album-like

It Beats, Dondante and Wordless never cease to amaze me live, tho.....especially Jim's ending Wordless vocals.   :o
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

tomEisenbraun

"i believe this is a song of hope..."
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sideroad32

Steamenginge and I think i'm going to hell are amazingly good.

carls guitar work is beautiful.

brkndwnbus

I was just listening to 'I Think I'm Going to Hell'' and it is excellent on the disc.

Easy Morning Rebel

I've heard it a couple of weeks ago and I completely utterly adore it. Especially "Dancefloors". I love that live version of one of my favorite MMJ songs ever!  All I can say is that MMJ rocks my world completely, and they have made it - again! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Angry Ewok

I can't wait to get my advance copy so I can actually contribute more than jealous whimpers to the discussion.

8)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ultravisitor

Holy fuck.  I'm just now hearing it and I love it.  It's so great having such a high quality recording live recording.