Any Idea What Okonokos Means?!

Started by dragonboy, Sep 02, 2006, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

I've punched it into a couple of online dictionaries (who needs books in this day & age?) with no luck.
Any idea what it means? If not what do you think it might mean?

For me it means musical nirvana in a live sense.
Hard to explain + I'm drunk...
Kind of like in Rattle & Hum...(I've not seen it in years but I must have watched it a billion times in my teens) There's a scene where they all come off stage & Bono says to Paddy Mullen Jr (something like) 'you're really smashing the cymbals tonight'
Like the guys came off stage one time between encores (wait, I'm welling up...less than 3 weeks to go...) & someone said to the rest of the guys 'that was so fucking Okonokos!'

That's what Okonokos means to me...the perfect band, playing the perfect music, in perfect unison.
5 guys, one body...kind of like those funny little transformers that all used to hook up & make a formidable fighting force. Something like that...

Any idea what Okonokos means? If not what does it mean to you...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Tore

I think they've gotten through to you, Dragon. I think they have found a word that everyone can make an own sense of, and you've done just that. Thats what i think anyway.

I'll wait until i've heard the entire album before i make up my mind.

And yes, less then three weeks now until Astoria!

dragonboy

QuoteAnd yes, less then three weeks now until Astoria!
Cheers Tore, see you there friend!  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MMJ_fanatic

Yeah I feel the same OKONOKOS is whatever you want it to be--musical nirvana is as good a definition as any!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Tore

Cheers Tore, see you there friend!  :)

Cheers. I'm easy to spot. The blonde norwegian dude with tears in his eyes, standing next to the other blonde norwegian bloke..  :D

red

I always thought it was a city.  

BH

I think the DVD will show us the light.

It's like RoseBud.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Mr. T.

A place where's there's no 'why' and no 'reason'. A place where nothing has to be explained. Okonokos is a place where there's only 'feeling' and pure 'emotion'.

And blistering, earth-shaking Rock 'n Roll of course  ;)
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

TheRoof

QuoteA place where's there's no 'why' and no 'reason'. A place where nothing has to be explained. Okonokos is a place where there's only 'feeling' and pure 'emotion'.

And blistering, earth-shaking Rock 'n Roll of course  ;)

Yeah it's the 'Margaritaville' for us Jacket-Heads
You Are Everything

megisnotreal

for me...

O-ko-no-kos (n)- a state of being in which the human soul trancends space and time through a sense auditory nirvana ; said state is reached when the pure power of rock and roll is so intense and spiritual that it can no longer be perceived by the eardrums and must be heard using only the heart.

See also: "eargasm," euphoria, enlightenment, My Morning Jacket

BH

Quotefor me...

O-ko-no-kos (n)- a state of being in which the human soul trancends space and time through a sense auditory nirvana ; said state is reached when the pure power of rock and roll is so intense and spiritual that it can no longer be perceived by the eardrums and must be heard using only the heart.

nice!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotefor me...

Word.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ChiefOKONO

sometimes i think it could be the name of a Sweet Ninja move!!!

Angry Ewok

O-ko-no-kos - (n) - a mystical land governed by the Gospel of My Morning Jacket.

Okonokolander / Okonokan / Jacketeer
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

Quotesometimes i think it could be the name of a Sweet Ninja move!!!
Haha, it does sound rather Japanese, doesn't it?
Okonokos = The quaint fishing village in Eastern Japan where Yoko Ono was born  ;)

megisnotreal

QuoteJacketeer

I'm proud to be a Jacketeer.

colquitt2870

seems that live albums have taken on a palindromic identity ytitnedi cimordnilap a no nekat evah smubla evil taht smees
down with the Jacket since 9/13/03!

Angry Ewok

Okonoko spelled backwards... okonokO...

Dun dun dunnnnnn
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

methadrone

i have a theory...

okonokos: a word that means nothing but drives people who could usually be 'normal' to drench a forum with really fagged up posts
that are soaked with homo erotic intentions towards a band of their liking.
anger is a gift