New York City Listening Party Wednesday Nite

Started by the_twilight_kid, Sep 07, 2006, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

Hey! NYC's party is happening Wednesday Sept 20th upstairs at Piano's from 7 to 10 pm. Ludlow St @ Stanton St.  21+ Psychedelic Rock and Roll Dance Par-tay!

Okonokos will be blastin, drink specials, & Bloodshot Records Giveaways. Good Times!

Come on Downtown.

http://www.pianosnyc.com/shows.html

ChiefOKONO

Sweeeet! i just told two of my NYC jackethead friends who aren't on here and they are gonna make it!!

it would be a nice dream to go to all of these parties actually...  :)

fitzcarraldo

Nice Chief!  I believe this is going to be mentioned in the Village Voice ad.  :)

ChiefOKONO

now how did you pull that off?? i needed to advertise more for mine i think!

QuoteNice Chief!  I believe this is going to be mentioned in the Village Voice ad.  :)

fitzcarraldo

Hey Bro. A good friend of mine who Really made this happen, Kerri, has been promoting indie rock bands here in NYC for almost 10 years. Before they were big she promoted The Strokes & has also worked with  Longwave, Aarktica, TheAstrojet.. So when I told her about the Okonokos Listening Party opportunity she was More than happy to help. She loves MMJ!  Check Kerri out:

http://kerriblackpromotions.com/index.php

She promotes for The MEANY Fest. It's a indie rock music festival that happens every year here, well at least for the past 5 years, that is running the ad in a few publications, including the Village Voice.  
http://www.meanyfest.com/

slimsloslider

i'll be there. i hope that "giveaways" means "advanced copies"

fitzcarraldo

ChiefOKONO

is there any way someone can post an image of it?

QuoteNice Ad in the Voice today.

SisterBuddy

Hey Murph, hope it went well tonight, you stinker.  Hope it had a better turn out than the Chicago one.  Have fun on your journey!
holdin' on... for that TEENAGE FEELIN'!

fitzcarraldo

Who are you?  ;)

I don't know about Chicago, but 4 NYC the turnout wasn't the greatest. But those in attendance (20 people) all had a good time. Also played The Longest Meow which had people asking who the band was. What a great album. 'Out of Sight!'
& Really nice meeting slimslo! See ya at Roseland.  :)

sweatboard

Yeah "The Longest Meow" is absolutyly amazing.  I have been in SHOCK listening to it, I mean I figured it would be good but it's so much better than Good.  I think my three very favorite records of this year right now are.......

Fox Confesor
Till The Sun Turns Black
The Longest Meow
There's Still Time.........

slimsloslider

i'm definitely headed to hoboken saturday night to catch bobby bare jr.'s set. the longest meow knocked me on my ass! (that, and 6 brooklyns) thanks, murph. good to meet ya. be safe on your trip

BH

I don't understand how everybody always gets these albums before they come out.  Did you guys find the bbj on the net?  Or did you get a copy somewhere?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

fitzcarraldo

Hitchhiker! Friend of mine who interns at Bloodshot sent it to me. And yeah it kickz Major ASS!!! I can't get Stick Chemical out of my head. I think I'm gonna have to agree with Sweatboard. Comes out Tuesday right. Pick it up bro.  :)

BH

QuoteHitchhiker! Friend of mine who interns at Bloodshot sent it to me. And yeah it kickz Major ASS!!! I can't get Stick Chemical out of my head. I think I'm gonna have to agree with Sweatboard. Comes out Tuesday right. Pick it up bro.  :)

Sweet, I can't wait.  I don't have the new one but the stuff I do have is very "sticky".  Stays in my head for a long time.  I wake up singing Monk at the Disco all the time.  Even when I havn't listened to it in awhile.  It's weird.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.