Okonokos Listening Parties

Started by dragonboy, Jul 31, 2006, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meddle

is ther still a chance at getting a party?
...And Some Are Angels...

JacketGal

I think I got the Chicago party (got the email) - but I'm a little confused but that other thread! ???

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

tomEisenbraun

well, chances are that there's two of em. both me and tracy are from nashville, and we both scored parties, so don't worry about there being two of em. just go ahead and plan yours and see what happens.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

JacketGal

Thanks Tom, wasn't sure about that. :) I thought they were limited!

Woohoooooooooooooo!!!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

phonewentwest

I got a party for Chapel Hill, NC. Not sure where I am gonna throw it yet. Maybe Zog's off of Franklin St. If anyone else in the area has an idea let me know.

MyLifeISought

any word on what we're supposed to do at the party (hand out promo stuff)? I'm just having mine in my dorm room (anyone from Dayton/Cincinnati/Indianapolis is invited to Richmond, IN)
Oh, and this is the 70,000th post
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

RoughGod

Anyone gotten the second email with details????
Demon Eyes Are Watching

ChiefOKONO

I got one in the works for LA.  all LA fans please contact me so we can make this a Big one!!!

soitgoes

This is strange because I just became part of this little community... and as soon as I heard about Okonokos I told my friends that we're going to have a listening party with plenty of whiskey to evoke dancing and plenty of fun.  

Anybody in the Philadelphia area, party is on the day that shit comes out.

ChiefOKONO

Woo hoooo! Whiskeyparty!!   right on!!

QuoteThis is strange because I just became part of this little community... and as soon as I heard about Okonokos I told my friends that we're going to have a listening party with plenty of whiskey to evoke dancing and plenty of fun.  

Anybody in the Philadelphia area, party is on the day that shit comes out.

MrLaurel

Hey Ho!

Got turned down for a listening party in Edinburgh but then got an email from Jamie Sampson, part of MMJ's management team in NY.  He then sent me over 20 rather large posters promoting the new live album!..Asked if I would put them round Edinburgh promoting the gig...so I certainly did!!  In return I'm on the guest list.  Already had bought tickets but will pass them onto friends so they to can see MMJ.  Will hopefully get setlist to post from the gig.

Regards

L

MyLifeISought

Sweet! Enjoy the show, MrLaurel!
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

Angry Ewok

That's kickass, man... did you take a picture of the poster? I'd like to see what they look like.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

MrLaurel

Hi...apologies not the best pic

Regards

Mr L

October

NICE.

anybody who gets some of those posters for a listening party willing to send me one for my dorm room?

i'll pay postage

Angry Ewok

Thanks for posting that pic - woah the poster is awesome! Seems like I've been waiting forever for my package to arrive... I wanna get this party started.

8)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ChiefOKONO

still havent Heard from any LA fans... I'm trying to organize a party but the venue I had in mind can't do it.
Any ideas?

ellisintransit

Bit off topic, but I just had to tell Angry Ewok that I love what you've done with your name.  Awesome!

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

MrLaurel

Hey Ho..  :)

MMJ sent me 20 posters.  Posted 15 around Edinburgh for the gig. hopefully will get one signed today!!!!  So have 4 left..The gig was sold out so dont feel 2 guilty about keeping a few back. Happy to pass the other 4 posters on to who would like them...

Mr L