how long is track 14 on "at dawn"?

Started by xyz, Sep 28, 2006, 01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xyz

How long is it supposed to be and is it supposed to cut off?

ali

i have 3mins 08 secs, and i'd say yes

:)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

tomEisenbraun

HAHAHA, it's most definitely 3:08.

I remember the first time I caught that and I just laughed hard. My girlfriend thought I was ridiculous. She didn't appreciate the Jacket. I don't date her anymore.

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

QuoteMy girlfriend thought I was ridiculous. She didn't appreciate the Jacket. I don't date her anymore.
Sounds like she was excess baggage holding you back Tom. Gotta get rid of the dead weight at a time like that  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel

rob

That music's so beautiful, I hate how it cuts out.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

tomEisenbraun

Quote::)

oh c'mon....you know how that goes.

and by the way, I always think for a second that you're Tommy when I see you've posted.

closer

QuoteHAHAHA, it's most definitely 3:08.

I remember the first time I caught that and I just laughed hard. My girlfriend thought I was ridiculous. She didn't appreciate the Jacket. I don't date her anymore.

Why did you find it funny? Is there some reason they did that that I'm not getting?

primushead

Um...did I miss something?

Because I only have 13 tracks on my at dawn record.

Is it an easter egg of some sort?

Is it only available in vinyl or something else?

Argh!  I don't want to be left out!!! :'(

tomEisenbraun

woah!
woah!

dude, it may not be listed on the album and it just shows up as "untitled" on iTunes. it's just this instrumental track that sounds kind of like a reprisal of "I Needed It Most" and it just ends abruptly in the middle.

the joke, closer, is the abrupt ending. it's just this calm lulling track that could easily just repeat ad infitum, and seeing as how they probably recorded it and then realized that there really was no appropriate ending to it, were just like "hmmm....cut it!"

so as lulling and beautiful as it is, it ends with a "huh?!"

get it? it's just the kind of humor of these guys. no big inside joke, you just either find it funny or you don't. it's like the inclusion of the drum screw-up at the end of "O", you know? or the muppet screams in "Off the Record" or just the general inclusion of the Omnichord. As strange as that thing is, it's also one of the most beautiful things ever. As an instrument by itself, it's so strange and bubbly sounding, and as an addition to the mix on a few of the songs on Z, it really just adds some wonderful depth and just a general vibe. And maybe that's a little bit of this bands ethos for you, right there. That they make beautiful music, but it's also a bit weird at points, but that weirdness is what makes them genuine, in that they aren't afraid to have fun with what they do, and they're so ready to pull you in and get you in on the joke, too. that's kind of how i've always felt it.

sorry for how big that explanation is, but i really want you to laugh at that, too. hopefully that helps?

primushead

Helps a Mucho amount.

Thanks Tom!

You really can explain things in depth besides musical gear. :)