Main Menu

OKONOKOS

Started by Easy_Morning_Rebel, Sep 26, 2006, 05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

can anybody confirm if this is an actual hidden track on the album?

i haven't gotten my copy in the mail yet, i'm interested to see if i'll be getting one more track than i assumed

love that song too

I'm still on disc 1, but I wouldn't think so.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

megisnotreal

God, this album is amazing!

I picked it up this morning, and spent the majority of the day driving aimlessly around the countryside and rocking out.

What about that drum solo at the end of "Steam Engine?"
Badass.

And the bios in the booklet crack me up. Especially Two-Tone's and Jim's. Subred...  ;D

Needless to say, I love every minute of it.

Nikkogino

can anybody confirm if this is an actual hidden track on the album?

i haven't gotten my copy in the mail yet, i'm interested to see if i'll be getting one more track than i assumed

love that song too

there isn't a hidden track...that is an itunes exclusive i think.

rob

Who's got the cheapest price? Not online, but an actual  store. Is it really only $14.99 at Best Buy?
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

leafygreens

Yes, it's really only $14.99 at Best Buy.
Make sure to check the end-of-the-aisle display if it's not stocked in the MMJ section, as was the case in my situation.

rob

QuoteYes, it's really only $14.99 at Best Buy.
Make sure to check the end-of-the-aisle display if it's not stocked in the MMJ section, as was the case in my situation.

I knew that was their online price, but wasn't sure about in-store. Great, thanks! I'll be there tomorrow.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Chico

I knew that was their online price, but wasn't sure about in-store. Great, thanks! I'll be there tomorrow.

Blech, Support your independent music stores!  Waterloo records has it for only 18.99?  Or something...  give or take a few bucks...  ;-)  it was worth it to spend the extra $5 gas to go out of my way for it too.  Save independent music stores!  But not the earth!  or something?

Steam Engine will destroy you in any case.

ali

just in case i didn't already love mmj, i just had a couple of VERY nice okonokos POSTERS delivered to me at work....

:-*yay :-*
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Jaimoe

I got the album on Tuesday for $14 Canadian. I would have paid double!

red

QuoteI got the album on Tuesday for $14 Canadian. I would have paid double!

I work once a week at a music store, and I didn't get it at cost for that cheap!

ChiefOKONO

i also saw it at best buy for 14.99!

deedrummer

Just picked it up last night at Best Buy for $14.99. I couldn't find it anywhere else (Upstate NY).

I got home, put it in the stereo and was morphed into the show.

I want to go back right now and keep listening. I can't believe how good the production is.

Lowdown is a surprise highlight. Do they always jam at the beginning like that?

Steam Engine and At Dawn were great too. Everything is great.

Love it.

dragonboy

Tired of waiting for Amazon I had my wife phone Tower Records to see if they have a copy. The guy she spoke to is a big fan & said that Okonokos is an amazing album, no BS!!!
So there you have it guys, further proof that you need to come to Japan soon - strike whilst the iron is hot!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Tore

Finally got me a copy today, and I must say, it's even better then my wildest dreams! The sound is amazing. The band is incredibly tight. A great transparent of their live-energy. Can't wait for the DVD to complete the whole thing.

Thats easily a 10 out of 10!!!

Thank you once again My Morning Jacket!

red

QuoteTired of waiting for Amazon I had my wife phone Tower Records to see if they have a copy. The guy she spoke to is a big fan & said that Okonokos is an amazing album, no BS!!!
Getting your wife to do all the leg-work hey?  

dragonboy

QuoteGetting your wife to do all the leg-work hey?  
Haha, my Japanese is OK but it's much harder on the phone.
+ it's all in the accent. If I was to say My Morning Jacket the person I was speaking to wouldn't have a clue, you've got to pronounce it 'My-yu Murning-gu Jacketo'  ;D

Anyway, I picked up a copy today (with my wife's help!) & am spinning it for the first time right now.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Bam_Bam

Run Thru is amazing....so far my favorite on the album. Patrick goes insane on that solo......must be one of the best live albums made.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

BH

Hellooooo!   I just got back from a vacation with my ladies and had a great time.  I will always remember it as my OKONOKOS vacation.   I couldn't stop playing it.  The joys of seeing the look on my 4 year olds face after her first roller coster ride was something that will last a lifetime, and having it all set to the music of my favorite band at their finest just made it all the better.  (I also got to grow a 9 day vacation beard.  Tom, you would be proud.)

Anyway, after listening to so much great live MMJ over the last year, I wasn't sure if I would be blown away or not.  Well, I was blown away.

The Xmas curtain intro.  Is that steel guitar?

A mini drum solo at the end of Steam Engine.  Are you effin kidding me?

The first 3 songs on disc two are enough to transcend space and time alone.  The way Carl stretches out those last two sax notes on dondante!  The epic Run Thru finale!  There is no question they saved some special arrangements for this disc only.

It Beats 4 U just grows and grows.  The keys on Off The Record!

I can't wait to see these same songs being played with the visuals of the band and all the energy and emotion that will go with it.  Not to mention the additional story line material.

There are two different pictures of Patrick in the booklet that I like so much I want them tatooed on my face.

Well, I am glad to be back.  I missed everyone.  (The days off, the merlot, and the Jack Daniels helped me get over it. ;))

Cheers to the greatest country/space/prog/industrial/indie rock band ever!!!!!!!!

In a dream I saw you walkin'

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

QuoteCheers to the greatest country/space/prog/industrial/indie rock band ever!!!!!!!!

;D I love it. I remember reading the CD booklet and getting the joke after obit number three. (Yes, I'm a little slow.)

All in all, Okonokos is so badass it makes my mind melt.

ali

YAY!!! my copy came in the mail yesterday!!! i was sick, so it was a nice little get-well present!!   8)
love a song for the way it makes you feel