"Dodante" vs "Donate"

Started by loaded_question, Oct 08, 2006, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loaded_Question

When I ripped OKONOKOS (incredible, by the way) on to itunes, "Dondante" came up as "Donate." I checked the back of the CD case to make sure there hadn't been an MMJ-approved name change, but it says "Dondante."  I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but perhaps someone should "donate" Apple a MMJ song catalog or tell them to take off auto-spell check.. Just another reason I'm glad I don't have an Ipod.

Angry Ewok

What does a spelling issue on a tracklist have to do with owning an iPod? No matter what program you use to rip CD's, you'll still get the occasional error on a tracklist - thankfully it only takes a milisecond to edit info on a track/album and even add album art... so when it happens it's not that big a deal, really.

iPod has nothing to do with ripping CD's, anyway, so I don't see why this would make you glad you don't own one. I love my iPod, being able to fit the entire MMJ discography in my pocket is a godsend.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

megisnotreal

Man, my itunes did the same thing, but it turned out there was an update I hadn't downloaded. I got the new version, and the problem was solved.

leafygreens

correct - it's not just ITunes or Ipods.  I have a Creative Micro and the software that goes along with that, and it did the same thing.
I'm pretty sure it's the actual service that "looks up" the info that makes the mistake, not the audio program (ITunes or otherwise).
But of course, as stated, you can just type whatever you want into the tracklist.  

tomEisenbraun

it's the CDDB or CDBB database, whatever the name is. someone just entered it wrong when they were putting in that album. i'm sure if we sent a correction to them, they might be able to fix it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

marino13

Check closely, if I remember correctly  there are one or two more errors other than "Donate" on Disc 2.  Disc 1 was 100% accurate.

tomEisenbraun

that and "Steam" and "Hell"
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

marino13

Quotethat and "Steam" and "Hell"

That must be what I was thinking of, just the shortened titles.  Maybe our boys did a Peter Gabriel cover (Steam)! ;D