Tracklisting for the DVD

Started by porchdweller, Sep 28, 2006, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porchdweller

Does anyone know the tracklisting for the DVD.  I'm sure it's longer than the CD, but I'm just curious about the song selection and wondering if "The Bear" was on there or "Masterplan", and many others.
It's just the way that he sings

Nikkogino

dangit...I got excited bgecause I thought you were telling us the tracklist.  No one knows it yet.

MyLifeISought

I believe i have the full tracklisting, from http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=113466&skuId=113473

1. "The Party"
2. Wordless Chorus
3. It Beats 4 U
4. Gideon
5. One Big Holiday
6. I Will Sing You Songs
7. Lowdown
8. The Way That He Sings
9. What A Wonderful Man
10. Off The Record
11. Golden
12. Lay Low
13. Dondante
14. Run Thru
15. Xmas Curtain
16. O Is The One That Is Real
17. Steam Engine
18. Anytime
19. Mahgeetah
20. The Attack

It seems to omit At Dawn, I Think I'm Going To Hell, and Dancefloors, without adding any new songs.
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

Angry Ewok

QuoteChapter Listing

1. The Party
2. Wordless Chorus
3. It Beats 4 U
4. Gideon
5. One Big Holiday
6. I Will Sing You Songs
7. Lowdown
8. The Way That He Sings
9. What A Wonderful Man
10. Off The Record
11. Golden
12. Lay Low
13. Dondante
14. Run Thru
15. Xmas Curtain
17. Steam Engine
18. Anytime
19. Mahgeetah
20. The Attack
21. The Party
22. Wordless Chorus
23. It Beats 4 U
24. Gideon
25. One Big Holiday
26. I Will Sing You Songs
27. Lowdown
28. The Way That He Sings
29. What A Wonderful Man
30. Off The Record
31. Golden
32. Lay Low
33. Dondante
34. Run Thru
35. Xmas Curtain
36. O Is The One That Is Real
37. Steam Engine
38. Anytime
39. Mahgeetah
40. The Attack

I just went to that link, and that's how it listed it. I'm sure the DVD doesn't repeat the first 20 tracks, so I guess it's safe to assume this is tracklisting isn't to be trusted just yet... There have got to be a handful of extra tracks.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

DuDess

The official press release, no conformation yet...???

Okonokos: Live Concert Film

(ATO/RCA Records; October 31, 2006)

My Morning Jacket to release Okonokos, a live concert film!
And don't forget! The first installation of Okonokos, the double live album, is out 9/26.

Plus, My Morning Jacket will set out once again on a headlining tour (this Nov./Dec. - see reverse for tour details)!

Following the release of their fourth critically acclaimed full-length album, Z, My Morning Jacket readies to deliver what is surely to become their quintessential body of work – two discs and a concert film. They contain their most dynamic, otherworldly compositions to date, presented in their finest form. Live. Okonokos is a creative concept conceived by Jim James, and it is as much a question as it is an answer. It is an enigma wrapped around a riddle. Okonokos is whatever you want it to be.

Okonokos: Double Live Album, mixed by Michael Brauer (Bob Dylan, Coldplay) and mastered by pre-eminent engineer Bob Ludwig, is set to be released at the very end of September. Its visual counterpart Okonokos (DVD), directed by Sam Erickson of 44 Pictures, drops October 31, 2006.

The mammoth reverberations and illuminations encountered on Okonokos (DVD) were birthed in the backwoods of My Morning Jacket's imagination. Inspired by a fairytale-like performance in Tokyo, the band decided to adorn their mysterious set with qualities akin to an old growth forest, capturing the essence of a timeless, nameless, anonymous place. The theme of straddling the line between the surreal and the actual is introduced at the film's prologue when a cast of characters draped in Victorian-era costume, along with one alpaca, are introduced. And so emerges a truly authentic live compendium.

The Okonokos live film captures the band's heavenly set, preserving their modern classics while simultaneously allowing the viewer to enter their bewitching world. With the aid of the trailblazing lighting designer Marc Brickman, applauded for his work with Pink Floyd, they were able to add a phosphorous glow to the already celestial environment they created. This concert film, done in 5.1 surround sound, will be screened in select cities this fall. Be on the lookout.

Belying the myth that live releases tend to highlight the disparity between it and its studio counterpart, Okonokos delves into the realm of raw, rich, elevated sound, while proudly staying true to its roots. The treasury begins with "Wordless Chorus," one of the Jacket's captivating traditional introductions. A glacially expansive "One Big Holiday" grips you, throws you into a trance-inspiring guitar riff frenzy, quiets down, and leads you through another transcendent moment. The collection continues to mesmerize through the second disc, and closes with a spirited "Mahgeeta."

Whether they're performing alongside Guided By Voices, the Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, the Boston Pops, or partaking in a wide array of festivals – from Bonnaroo to Coachella, from High Sierra to Lollapalooza – the band always seems right at home. My Morning Jacket will continue to prove that their music knows no boundaries; it consistently appeals to people of varying backgrounds, ages and scenes.

For more information on MMJ & Okonokos, please contact:

[size=24]Pam Leto: pam@girlie.com, x111
Brook Frye: brook@girlie.com, x104[/size]

www.mymorningjacket.com

perhaps someone should contact Miss Pam Leto?!

Jernigan

I thought this gig was @ The Fillmore??

Japan...what gives? ???

dragonboy

QuoteI thought this gig was @ The Fillmore??

Japan...what gives? ???
"Inspired by a fairytale-like performance in Tokyo, the band decided to adorn their mysterious set with qualities akin to an old growth forest, capturing the essence of a timeless, nameless, anonymous place."

Hey Jernigan,
The DVD was filmed at the Filmore. The Tokyo show took place at the Fuji-rock festival last year. The band played the 'Field Of Heaven' stage, which is outside near a wood/forest. Jim talked about spiders hanging down over the stage whilst they played. It would seem that this is what inspired the band to make the Filmore show look like a forest  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

fitzcarraldo

Watch out 4 Charlotte! That gorgie.  :)

ChiefOKONO

wow, thanks for this post. i didn't know this before, very cool!

"Inspired by a fairytale-like performance in Tokyo, the band decided to adorn their mysterious set with qualities akin to an old growth forest, capturing the essence of a timeless, nameless, anonymous place."

Hey Jernigan,
The DVD was filmed at the Filmore. The Tokyo show took place at the Fuji-rock festival last year. The band played the 'Field Of Heaven' stage, which is outside near a wood/forest. Jim talked about spiders hanging down over the stage whilst they played. It would seem that this is what inspired the band to make the Filmore show look like a forest  :)

dragonboy

Quotewow, thanks for this post. i didn't know this before, very cool!
I tried to find some pics but had no luck...I'm sure there were some in the gallery?!! I'll keep looking...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jacket Fanatic

Hey Jernigan,

I guess this is what the small article in Rolling Stone was talking about, it had me confused but now I get it.

DuDess

You can pre-order now the dvd at amazon.com, but no tracklisting  :-/

Nikkogino

From the MMJ front page link:
Looks like no new songs...they cut  at dawn, i think i'm going to hell, and dancefloors and didn't add any new tracks it looks like...oh well, it'll still kick ass.

1. The Party
2. Wordless Chorus
3. It Beats 4 U
4. Gideon
5. One Big Holiday
6. I Will Sing You Songs
7. Lowdown
8. The Way That He Sings
9. What A Wonderful Man
10. Off The Record
11. Golden
12. Lay Low
13. Dondante
14. Run Thru
15. Xmas Curtain
17. Steam Engine
18. Anytime
19. Mahgeetah
20. The Attack

Video:
1.85:1 Widescreen (Anamorphic)
Audio:
Dolby Digital 5.1
LPCM Stereo

Angry Ewok

Couple that with the Acoustic Chorale DVD...

1.Bermuda Highway
2. At Dawn
3. Sooner
4. Where to Begin
5. I Think I'm Going to Hell
6. Strangulation

...and you've got 26 tracks, plus whatever extras may be on both discs.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.