Xmas Curtain?

Started by cuppat, Dec 06, 2006, 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTdeadhead

QuoteI always thought it kind of sounded like he was saying,"it's a bear out there," instead of "it's a bad idea." Maybe someone heard him sing it and was like,"it sounds like you're saying bear." Jim was probably like,"yeah, it does...wait a second...that'd be a kickass semi-metaphoric title for this song." Or at least that's how I like to think of it.

Anyway, if I were a bear down at the pier, I'd probably be upset. I'd be like,"how did I get on this pier?" I'd be upset.
Isn't it "Its a Bear a Day..."

Kinda like "excuse me while I kiss this guy" or "Mother, will they put me in the bar with Mike".

I am not one to read lyrics or try to interpret them, its more fun to just go with what it sounds like, even if it is wrong.

rugbird

Isn't The Bear about suicide or the contemplation of?  The Bear is suicidal depression or life in general.

colleen

QuoteIsn't The Bear about suicide or the contemplation of?  The Bear is suicidal depression or life in general.

that is also my reading of it.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

MMJ_fanatic

I remember Jim dedicating "The Bear" to then tour manager Linda at one time, so I read it as a bit more positive than depression and suicide.  I think its more of an encouraging kind of song but that's just me--as always everyone reads their own situation into this beautiful stuff
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.