Acoustic Chorale DVD

Started by jellyfish, Oct 11, 2006, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

Ok,what's the skinny on this? I got an  email saying you can get 1 free video clip if you preorder the Okonokos DVD.Where is this DVD from? Is it extra's from Okonokos? I didn't see this one coming.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Angry Ewok

We keep hearing about the Limited Edition "Acoustic Chorale" DVD, but nobody seems to know what it is, where it's from, or most importantly - where your average fan could buy it... nothing. I even e-mailed the management a few days ago, and they didn't know what I was talking about.

First, we hear that the Acoustic Chorale is up for grabs from a radio station in Kentucky... That's nice, too bad I'm in Alabama.

Next... we hear a source (CC?) say that if we buy the Okonokos DVD from a CIM (Coalition of Independent Music) store, the Acoustic Chorale DVD comes with it for free... once again, that's nice - but unfortunately the nearest CIM store is about 4 hours away from me.

Then we get this e-mail from Music Today saying if we pre-order the Okonokos DVD, we get 'At Dawn', a excerpt from the Acoustic Chorale... We don't get the entire Limited Edition DVD... we only get one video from it? Huh?

"Everyone who pre-orders will also get a special free video download clip of the band performing "At Dawn" from the upcoming limited edition release "Acoustic Chorale.""

If it's true that the CIM store is giving the entire Acoustic Chorale DVD away with the purchase of the Okonokos DVD, why on earth would I want to pre-order the Okonokos DVD from the official merchandizing JUST for the At Dawn video - when I could just go to a CIM store and buy it in-person and get the entire bonus DVD free, including At Dawn?

What the fuck is going on? Is someone just trying to jip us into buying multiple copies of the DVD and album?

I wouldn't mind buying the Acoustic Chorale DVD from the MMJ Store, in fact I wish I had better reasons to buy from the store because it seems like that'd be getting the band a bigger cut...

Someone in the know, please set this straight.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWe keep hearing about the Limited Edition "Acoustic Chorale" DVD, but nobody seems to know what it is, where it's from, or most importantly - where your average fan could buy it... nothing. I even e-mailed the management a few days ago, and they didn't know what I was talking about.

First, we hear that the Acoustic Chorale is up for grabs from a radio station in Kentucky... That's nice, too bad I'm in Alabama.

Next... we hear a source (CC?) say that if we buy the Okonokos DVD from a CIM (Coalition of Independent Music) store, the Acoustic Chorale DVD comes with it for free... once again, that's nice - but unfortunately the nearest CIM store is about 4 hours away from me.

Then we get this e-mail from Music Today saying if we pre-order the Okonokos DVD, we get 'At Dawn', a excerpt from the Acoustic Chorale... We don't get the entire Limited Edition DVD... we only get one video from it? Huh?

"Everyone who pre-orders will also get a special free video download clip of the band performing "At Dawn" from the upcoming limited edition release "Acoustic Chorale.""

If it's true that the CIM store is giving the entire Acoustic Chorale DVD away with the purchase of the Okonokos DVD, why on earth would I want to pre-order the Okonokos DVD from the official merchandizing JUST for the At Dawn video - when I could just go to a CIM store and buy it in-person and get the entire bonus DVD free, including At Dawn?

What the fuck is going on? Is someone just trying to jip us into buying multiple copies of the DVD and album?

I wouldn't mind buying the Acoustic Chorale DVD from the MMJ Store, in fact I wish I had better reasons to buy from the store because it seems like that'd be getting the band a bigger cut...

Someone in the know, please set this straight.

Yeah that.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

Me too.  All that stuff.  That he said.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

evilPaauwe

cheers.

Chico

ChiefOKONO

dragonboy

If the DVD is limited edition & only available in indie record stores in the US persons who live overseas have to work extra hard to get hold of a copy.
Any news would be appreciated  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

Wouldn't that be grand if they have copies of this for sale at the Charleston show?  I think so.

Kory

If Riny gives the OK, I've got a sendspace link of the Acoustic Chorale I uploaded. It's not the best quality (I need to learn how to make the rip better) but it's worth watching.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

dragonboy

QuoteIf Riny gives the OK, I've got a sendspace link of the Acoustic Chorale I uploaded. It's not the best quality (I need to learn how to make the rip better) but it's worth watching.
Hey Geekdork, do you have the whole thing? How did you get it?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Kory

Yep, I have it, I got it as a giveaway from WFPK radio station here in Louisville.
I posted a picture of it over in the shows forums.
If you guys can, buy it from a CIMS store like Riny noted, it's well worth it and it supports your local record store instead of the bigbox stores.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

realdeal

QuoteYep, I have it, I got it as a giveaway from WFPK radio station here in Louisville.
I posted a picture of it over in the shows forums.
If you guys can, buy it from a CIMS store like Riny noted, it's well worth it and it supports your local record store instead of the bigbox stores.

Yeah, I just picked up my tix from FPK today and they a friggin' big ol' box full of the DVD's. Can't wait to get off work and watch some Jacket on the big screen.

realdeal

This is one of the most amazing and gratifying things i have ever watched on a television screen. absolutely brilliant!!

'Strangulation' was pure magic and an emotional experience. this dvd reminds me why this is best rock band
in the history of man kind. period. you have to get your hands on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikkogino

great...you guys are lucky!  upload them and hook a brotha up!  Nikkogino@aol.com

or somebody get to youtube.com

Angry Ewok

Fuck YouTube... use Google Video - it allows people to download files to save onto iPods.

marino13

QuoteFuck YouTube... use Google Video - it allows people to download files to save onto iPods.

Didn't realize this.  I heard that Google is looking at buying Youtube (my wife read it in the newspaper last weekend).  If this means all the Youtube videos will eventually be downloadable, it is great news.

aMD

they did buy youtube this week.  for something like 1.6 billion dollars.  The word is they're not changing much about the site.

Angry Ewok

Just got word back from earx-tacy... seems like this is going to be an ongoing mystery...

Hello, Thanks for the email. We have not yet received any confirmed information regarding the MMJ EP. I will pass along more info to you as it becomes available.

LOL. This is great... *sarcasm*

ali

here's hoping they get back with some actual information!!

still undecided about pre-ordering the DVD (with or without the acoustic chorale dvd) as i might not be able to watch it when it gets here (aus being in a different DVD region of the planet for unknown reasons)

okonokos was in the shops here pretty quick, so i'm just hoping its the same with the dvds....
love a song for the way it makes you feel