Golden covered

Started by just_one_fan, Dec 19, 2006, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just one fan

So upon awakening this morning to the radio, I recognize a very familiar song.  And as I shake off the sleep, I come to understand that the song I hear is Golden, but it's not the band that I know so well.  The piece ends before I gain enough consciousness to analyze the phenomenon.  So, what to do but callup the DJ who played it........

....AMERICA!  (The same band that made the greats like sister golden hair, a horse with no name and so on)  They have a new album called "here and now" or something to that affect, and on it they cover Golden.  Wow.

Dee.

colleen

sounds like there's a nada surf cover on there too (always love). haven't listened to the rest yet.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

dragonboy

Thanks for the heads up JOF.
Sounds like a pretty straightforward copy...
Listening to the clip on amazon reminds you of what an amazing voice Jim has, that guy stinks!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

It says on America's website that they collaborated with "members of My Morning Jacket".  So it's not a straightforward cover.  Just as strange though.  

megisnotreal

QuoteSo upon awakening this morning to the radio, I recognize a very familiar song.  And as I shake off the sleep, I come to understand that the song I hear is Golden, but it's not the band that I know so well.  The piece ends before I gain enough consciousness to analyze the phenomenon.  So, what to do but callup the DJ who played it........

....AMERICA!  (The same band that made the greats like sister golden hair, a horse with no name and so on)  They have a new album called "here and now" or something to that affect, and on it they cover Golden.  Wow.

Does this mean that my dream of MMJ's covering "Ventura Highway" is nearing actualization?

Anyway, I'm at my desk and am looking at an advance single from America's new album sent to my station, and it says James Iha produced it. Huh. He is also credited with "windchimes."

peanut butter puddin surprise

far out, man!  what's next...an appearance on the OC?  a duet wtih Britney?  a new Cd of MMJ covers by...Bowie?  A reformed Led Zep playijng "Anytime?"  har har
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Chico

Quotefar out, man!  what's next...an appearance on the OC?  a duet wtih Britney?  a new Cd of MMJ covers by...Bowie?  A reformed Led Zep playijng "Anytime?"  har har

Hey, I would buy that bowie CD.  But I think I would rather hear MMJ cover Bowie...  "Don't you wonder someti-i-i-i-imes, 'bout Sound and Vision?"

Didn't they already have a song on OC?  Around the same time they did that beer commercial?  :-(

peanut butter puddin surprise

oh no, I mean actually going ON the OC, not just having a song on there.

the beer commercial thing was awesome.

i agree on the Bowie thing, i was just making fun, as usual....

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

bug

ooohhhh!  maybe we'll get a "pickin' on My Morning Jacket" album of MMJ songs in a bluegrass style, that'd be cool
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

BH

Quoteooohhhh!  maybe we'll get a "pickin' on My Morning Jacket" album of MMJ songs in a bluegrass style, that'd be cool

I was just going to say the same thing.

Or how about the orchastra version, you see that a lot as well and it would be a perfect fit.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CTdeadhead

Quoteooohhhh!  maybe we'll get a "pickin' on My Morning Jacket" album of MMJ songs in a bluegrass style, that'd be cool
Yeah, perhaps they can get David Lee Roth to sit in on the recording sessions.  

megisnotreal

fuck that. i hear they're already talking to the red rocket about some compilation songs.

i mean, really, can anyone drive 55? it's a universal language people.  ;)

CTdeadhead

fuck that. i hear they're already talking to the red rocket about some compilation songs.

No way.  When it comes to covering your own music bluegrass style, Dave is the man.  Check this out, Strummin with the Devil Baby ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVoZkyp-rMY

ycartrob

No way.  When it comes to covering your own music bluegrass style, Dave is the man.  Check this out, Strummin with the Devil Baby ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVoZkyp-rMY

good Lord, I could have lived the rest of my life without seeing that clip. What do rock stars do when it all dries up and they have nothing left to fall back on? Sad.

megisnotreal

What do rock stars do when it all dries up and they have nothing left to fall back on?

They start their own brand of tequila!

http://www.cabowabo.com/

CTdeadhead

What do rock stars do when it all dries up and they have nothing left to fall back on?

They start their own brand of tequila!

http://www.cabowabo.com/
Actually, that is damn fine tequila.  

Ghosts_on_TV

I heard this on the radio about 2 months ago.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

cuppat

DLR has just ruined my Xmas. I used to love this song, in fact it was one of my all time favourites. Severely depressed now.

No No - The Jacket to the rescue.

Okonokos DVD under the tree beckoning.

Merry Xmas everyone.

;D