Golden covered

Started by just_one_fan, Dec 19, 2006, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

I just realized I'm going to have to by an America CD now!   :-[

Maybe they're not as bad as I think.

rob

America did some great albums in the 70s. Check out the HISTORY CD to get a taste......totally solid. Some of their songs have an MMJ vibe......especially alot of the echo-ey background vocals (Only In Your Heart, for one).....I'd bet that Jim is/was a fan.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

vielfras

QuoteAmerica did some great albums in the 70s. Check out the HISTORY CD to get a taste......totally solid. Some of their songs have an MMJ vibe......especially alot of the echo-ey background vocals (Only In Your Heart, for one).....I'd bet that Jim is/was a fan.

Yeah I agree, I always loved America, even though I had no idea what some of their songs were about.  Just loved the sound, which is probably why when I heard MMJ for the first time I loved em.  
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

MMJ_fanatic

I like this, even if it does feel kinda creepy (like your grandfather leering at your bodacious girlfriend)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

megisnotreal

QuoteAmerica did some great albums in the 70s. Check out the HISTORY CD to get a taste......totally solid. Some of their songs have an MMJ vibe......especially alot of the echo-ey background vocals (Only In Your Heart, for one).....I'd bet that Jim is/was a fan.

I love America.

(My favorite song is "Tin Man." )

Rob gets an A+ in my book!

MMJ plus America = awesome.

rob

America with Ryan Adams on LETTERMAN in a few minutes (east coast time).

rob

Remember, a purchase of America's new CD (which is out now) will put a little change in Jim's pocket, as Golden is on it, of which he is the writer of course.  8-)

red

QuoteAmerica with Ryan Adams on LETTERMAN in a few minutes (east coast time).
What was up with the lack of camera time for Ben Kweller?  Lame.

Dee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_qf66g4H9Q

Yeah, he got no love. I guess they don't care about the keys, man. Poor keys.