Next Album=all soul music!

Started by LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK, Jan 09, 2007, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chico

Just 'cause he was in the Commodores, it doesn't mean that "All Night Long" is a soul song.  :)   I stand by that. It's a pop song in every sense of the word.

Kinda like if Otis sang "Everybody have fun tonite", and it sounded just like Wang Chung, it would not be soul.

Angry Ewok

MMJ is completely capable of writing its own soul music... I'd love to see MMJ take on the grassroots blues and folk the way Cream did. Totally electric, spiced up with that twang and wah-wah, the drums banging like crazy.

Then again, I love the alternate versions of Dondante and They Ran - that's a pretty cool sound they've explored, but I'm afraid to try and label it any sort of specific genre.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

rugbird

QuoteI may be pale and one of thedorkiest women you'll ever meet, but I don't give a damn. I still know when an ass needs to be shaken, and I am not afaid to make the "brave choice."  

Well alright then, I'd be all over that! :)

orbison

white guys playing soul music usually reminds me of crap music like G Love, which is a bummer.
MMJ could probably pull this off though.

aMD

Quotewhite guys playing soul music usually reminds me of crap music like G Love, which is a bummer.
MMJ could probably pull this off though.

if they can pull out tyrone, I think they can handle it.

The DARK

Careless Whisper could have qualified as true soul music, if Jim hadn't been waving around that cap gun during the song!
In another time, in another place, in another face