Time for a New Closer!

Started by The_DARK, Feb 02, 2007, 07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I think "They Ran" would make a good song to open with.
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

C'mon you know opener are always 'explode in your face rockers'!  Or are you going for the subtle ironic approach :-/?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

The DARK

QuoteHow about open with Easy Morning Rebel and close with Anytime?
With or without the horns? It would seem awkward to open with a horn section for the first few songs and then send them off.
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

QuoteC'mon you know opener are always 'explode in your face rockers'!  Or are you going for the subtle ironic approach :-/?

Sorry, I wasn't aware that openers were always "explode in your face rockers"  I will try harder next time. :-?

kickingtelevision

when i saw them in chicago back in 2005, they closed with anytime

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteC'mon you know opener are always 'explode in your face rockers'!  Or are you going for the subtle ironic approach :-/?

Sorry, I wasn't aware that openers were always "explode in your face rockers"  I will try harder next time. :-?

Yarr!  They blow onto the stage like a conquerring sonic hurricane, whipping the minions into a frenzy, by god! 8-)

sweatboard

Yarr!  They blow onto the stage like a conquerring sonic hurricane, whipping the minions into a frenzy, by god!  

I would like to see a review of one of their live shows start with that sentence.  I like that.  :)

sweatboard

I'm a sucker for slow tempo openers.  I love it when Pearl Jam opens with "Release" and I love it when MMJ opens with "At Dawn"  I saw them open with "The Bear" in Knoxville and it was awesome, I also liked when they used to open with "Golden"  A good rocking opener would be "O Is The One"  Although I'd like to have just a little glistening of sweat when that one starts, personally I like a little lube before they launch into something like OBH or O is the one, otherwise I feel like I didn't get to fully experience it.  OBH in the four hole is perfect to me because the crowd is a little warmed up and that opening guitar line starts up and it's like "ok, let's loose our minds now"  

MMJ_fanatic

They could sandwich the set in an inverted fashion by opening with oooo say By My Car and closing with I Will Be There When You Die(?)

sweatboard

If they played only those two songs it would be a GREAT setlist.

thebigbang

I'd like to second "Lil Billy", with about a 90 second stinger.

They've done it before and its something to behold.  "Anytime" is also a good choice.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway