You got to bring JIM,JAMES,Paul,and Tyrone

Started by wholovesthesun, Feb 12, 2007, 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wholovesthesun

I am addicted to Chapter 2: The Early recordings....this is the sweetest bit of candy i have ingested in yearsss!!

if some band released this album as a legit album, all the magazines would be treating it as a country/folk/twee/rock and/or roll treasure!

can we TALK about jimbo's young purrr on "I won't cry"

ANDD the smooth as gravy "dream a little dream"

doesn't get much better than this, folks. sorry if i'm way behind the times.

mmm...ber.

BH

Amen and a Hallalujah.

How about Why don't you love me?  This is my alltime favorite drunk as a skunk at 1:30 on the way home from the bar with the level turned up to 11.  The fucked up drums at the end are so sweet.  A little weird on the first couple of listens, but, once you get it, you want that beat to go on and on.......

The Sunrise opening to I Will Be There When You Die!  That's the shit right there.

[smiley=beer.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

.Walt

i thought the cover of Tyrone was awesome. they really did make it their own.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

cmccubbin@work

it would be nice to hear "Tyrone" thrown back into the setlist rotation!

does anyone have an idea the last time it was played live?
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

brkndwnbus

I have a live version of "Tyrone," but lack the date for it...so, I guess that is no help.

aMD

Quoteit would be nice to hear "Tyrone" thrown back into the setlist rotation!

does anyone have an idea the last time it was played live?

According to Ger's website the last time it was played was March 21, 2002 and it was Jim solo, with the band the last time played it was October 15, 2000, which is the version of Chp. 2.  

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it back someday.  I remember reading an interview from only a few years ago where Jim said it was his favorite cover they've done.  I can't pick a favorite.  :)

ms. yvon

Quotewest.

end.

girls.

(!!!!!!!!!)

yes.  ma'am!!!  i love the bit in the liner notes re:  recorded on valentine's day at an event where "some shit went down!"   ;D

and tyrone. damn.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."