One Big Holiday

Started by mylifeisought, Feb 20, 2007, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyLifeISought

Is a really fucking good song. I listen to it so often that sometimes I neglect to remember just how goddamn good it is. Sitting here, studying for a history exam, listening to Okonokos, I realize it's just as amazing as the first time I heard it, in October, 2003.
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

DaFunkyPrecedent

i didn't like the song the first time i heard it...well...it's not that i didn't like it, it just wasn't one of my favorites.  But NOW! it's simply mind boggling. That guitar solo on Okonokos is perfect.  it blows me away seeing it everytime.
God damn those shaky knees.

aMD

it blew my mind to bits the first time I heard it.  For about a year the only version I had was a cassete copy of the 10-31-00 show, I wore that thing out twice.  That was still the definite version of the song for me until they released okonokos.  The It Still Moves version is great but you don't get the energy of a live show.  The Conan performance was also great but too short.  

I have an early studio version of the song that they recorded around the time of at dawn, but decided not to include on the album.  That version is also definitely lacking energy.  I can upload it later tonight if you all'd like.  I'm sure the band's not saving it for an upcoming release or anything.

whothrewthecake

i have a good OBH story. my friend casey's first mmj show was here in austin and she was so pumped to hear OBH. she kept talking about it and i assured her it would be played at some point. well guess what. they come out and f-in open with it. and then pretend to leave the stage. i turned around screamed in her face and she almost shit herself. SO AMAZING

the end.
p.s. i'm eating a lot of sour gummy worms right now and feel a little sick.

sweatboard

I need some of these stat.

I haven't had my sour patch rush in way to long.

There's Still Time.........

whothrewthecake

you really know what you are talking about.

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

I have to disagree with you on the watermelon stuff but I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS SHIT............

whothrewthecake

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

sweatboard

Let's both try it tomorrow at exactly 2:17...est.

whothrewthecake

where can i buy this. tell me as s as p and we will have a coordinated eating time.

sweatboard

text me when you find it.

whothrewthecake

i'm going on the hunt starting tomorrow and i will let you know 4 sho