Dancefloors From Okonokos - Video?

Started by Croweyes1121, Mar 16, 2007, 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croweyes1121

I was just noticing that between the official DVD and the Acoustic Chorale DVD, all of the tracks from the Okonokos concert are presented on DVD in one place or the other.  Except Dancefloors.  Anyone know if this has ever seen the light of day?  Also, Bermuda Highway from the Acoustic Chorale DVD isn't on the CD or the vinyl.

Second question, does anyone have a definitive tracklist for the concert?  I mean, does anyone know the order the songs were actually played as opposed to the order the were reaaranged into for the DVD?  The vinyl, DVD, and CD all have different track orders and I want to reauthor the official release and Acoustic Chorale into the closest representation of the actual show possible.

Ghosts_on_TV

Okonokos was taken from 2 shows...

November 11th - The Fillmore, San Francisco CA  

01. Wordless Chorus  
02. It Beats For You  
03. One Big Holliday  
04. The Way That He sings  
05. Golden  
06. Sooner  
07. Xmas Curtain  
08. Wonderful Man  
09. Gideon  
10. Bermuda Highway  
11. Hopefully  
12. Where To Begin  
13. Lay Low  
14. Dancefloors  
15. Off The Record  
16. Don Dante  
17. Run Thru  
18. Into The Woods  
19. I Think I'm Going To Hell  
20. Picture Of You  
21. Anytime  
22. Mahgeetah  

November 12th - The Fillmore, San Francisco CA  

01. Wordless Chorus  
02. The Dark  
03. It Beats For You  
04. Gideon  
05. One Big Holliday  
06. I Will Sing You Songs  
07. Lowdown  
08. How Do You Know  
09. Death Is The Eas Way  
10. The Bear  
11. Wonderful Man  
12. Off The Record  
13. O Is The One  
14. I Think I'm Going To Hell  
15. Lay Low  
16. Don Dante  
17. Steam Engine  
18. Run Thru  
19. Bermuda Highway  
20. At Dawn  
21. Strangulation  
22. Mahgeetah  
23. Anytime  
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Croweyes1121

Well, that being the case, I've come up with this list by process of deductive reasoning:

01. Wordless Chorus
02. It Beats 4 U
03. Gideon
04. One Big Holiday
05. I Will Sing You Songs
06. Lowdown
07. The Way that He Sings
08. Golden
09. Sooner
10. Xmas Curtain
11. What a Wonderful Man
12. Off the Record
13. O Is the One that Is Real
14. I Think I'm Going To Hell
15. Lay Low
16. Dondante
17. Steam Engine
18. Run Thru
19. Bermuda Highway
20. Where To Begin
21. At Dawn
22. Strangulation
23. Anytime
24. Mahgeetah

This is based on giving the DVD preference for order (for easier and fewer necessary edits) unless it can be proven the order is wrong (such as "Sooner" immediately following "Golden", considering those two songs were only played on the first night and in that order).  This should be as cose as possible to the "correct" order.  I'll be resequencing the show and probably reburn it onto a dual layer DVD.  Should be a fun project.

The DARK

Lay Low----->Dancefloors= :) :D ;D 8-) [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I hope some other videos that were edited surface. Dark, Bear, and Dancefloors ignored? What gives?

I have also never seen/heard Into the Woods live with full band. Any linx?
In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

QuoteLay Low----->Dancefloors= :) :D ;D 8-) [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I hope some other videos that were edited surface. Dark, Bear, and Dancefloors ignored? What gives?

Go to night one (maybe two?) of the 3 night NYE stand at the filmore on archive.org.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

QuoteLay Low----->Dancefloors= :) :D ;D 8-) [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go to night one (maybe two?) of the 3 night NYE stand at the filmore on archive.org.
Wasn't that Jim solo acoustic?
In another time, in another place, in another face

ms. yvon

i'll throw something fun into the mix:
the performances in the film are not necessarily the mixes on the album.

don't know.

i worked on a dvd of a concert film that was being edited concurrently with a live album.  the director of the film and the album mixer chose songs from different nights for a couple o' tracks.  the assistant sound mixer commented that there would be some people out there trying to figure out which nights the songs came from.   i was playing cool, but he had me pegged.   ;D  i never did manage to get a list from him of which songs they used so that i could compare it to our selections.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Croweyes1121

Really...that's interesting, because I noted in an earlier post that Jim James's voice on the CD sounds off to me, almost like the timbre of it is too low-pitched or something, most notably in tracks like "Gideon" and "Off The Record".  On the DVD, though, the pitch problem isn't there.  It's really odd, and at least to me, it's really noticeable.  I was told that Jim James had pneumonia when this concert was filmed.  First off, is this true?  I mean, if so, why would they use that performance for the official live release instead of one where he was singing at 100%?

Kory

Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

BH

QuoteReally...that's interesting, because I noted in an earlier post that Jim James's voice on the CD sounds off to me, almost like the timbre of it is too low-pitched or something, most notably in tracks like "Gideon" and "Off The Record".  On the DVD, though, the pitch problem isn't there.  It's really odd, and at least to me, it's really noticeable.  I was told that Jim James had pneumonia when this concert was filmed.  First off, is this true?  I mean, if so, why would they use that performance for the official live release instead of one where he was singing at 100%?

Becuase they spent hundereds of thousands of dollars on camera men, lighting guys, stage props, etc. Not to mention the pre-planned theme with the fans dressing up and two nights at the filmore.  It is my understanding that Jim was starting to develop pneumonia at this point but was not yet diagnosed.   He just thought he was getting worn out from the long tour.  At one point he even admitted sounding a little off during that time, but that he had grown to enjoy the imperfections in the sound of his voice during that time.  (Please feel free, anyone, to dispute these tidbits, as they are from memory, which ain't what she used to be.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ms. yvon

i was watching a bit of okonokos today and caught an interesting way to catch footage from two nights edited together.  check the number of guitar picks on the mic stands.  since the two nights had different song orders, there might be some differences in the number o' picks on the mic stands.

btw:  these don't indicate mistakes...the point of shooting more than one night is that you have options in editorial.  just makes watching that much more fun.   ;)

also:  was trying to play this in the background today as i was doing some tedious work at the desk.  couldn't do it.  this film is too fucking good.  i just kept getting swept up in it all.   [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

mjkoehler

Quotei was watching a bit of okonokos today and caught an interesting way to catch footage from two nights edited together.  check the number of guitar picks on the mic stands.  since the two nights had different song orders, there might be some differences in the number o' picks on the mic stands.

btw:  these don't indicate mistakes...the point of shooting more than one night is that you have options in editorial.  just makes watching that much more fun.   ;)

also:  was trying to play this in the background today as i was doing some tedious work at the desk.  couldn't do it.  this film is too fucking good.  i just kept getting swept up in it all.   [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Good points. Everytime I throw it in, my son and I stop everything and just chill. My wife hates it because I turn the surround sound to obnoxiously loud levels. Whoever did the mixed did a great job as the footage and sound seems pretty seamless to me. Without looking for the liittle things, like the pics, most are not going to know this if from 2 nights.

ms. yvon