THESE BOYS ARE FABULOUS

Started by dante12570, Sep 28, 2003, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dante12570

To those of you browsing or whom simply do not know much of MMJ- from meagher beginnings they have come to blossom into a truly amazing rock outfit.  Sure it is being stated in every magazine across the nation, but I am here to attest to it!!!!!  Support them forever!!!!! Do not flee to the newest or latest trend..  [glb]THESE BOYS ARE HERE TO STAY [/glb]

peanut butter puddin surprise

Can I get an amen?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

[size=18][glb]In my humble opinion these guys are the best live band around.  Jim, Patrick, Danny, Johnny and Tommy, I salute you[/glb][/size]
shake some action

Sal Paradise

You know, I think the reason why these guys are fabulous is the perfect harmony! There's Jim, rockin out, I say ROCKIN OUT and amazing everybody with his pipes. There's Patrick, pounding away on the skins like his life depends on it. There's Johnny, struttin onstage like a superhero. There's Two Tone, hammering these two notes, sometimes even three or four and there's Danny, it just wouldn't be right without Danny! Amen.
The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

lfish

It's all about positive energy and good feelin' and those guys sure get me in the right mood, all the time.  This is honest music at its best.  Thx guys for the good times, with or without you!
lfish

lizArdR0k

The Conan performance made me a fan! Now I have TWO favorite bands to check out: 1. mmj and 2. we should run.
Let's help spread the word on these two great bands.

Flo

Liz,

I'm glad the conan gig got your attention.

I've been a fan since 1999 and recommend you checking out their massive video links available at the main site, the new 11-min "Behind the scenes" is absolutely amazing and I've turned on a lot of people to MMJ just by posting the link.

I;m listening to we should run's "Absolute Zero" right now and like it, the server I downloaded it from needs a bit of grease is ya get my drift, I average an 800K connection and it only fed me an average of about 120K.

Overall, I think the song is good, I really dig when it gets rolling at the 3:30 mark, but the song starts of slow with a nice verse, then goes into an instrumental jam, repeats and them ends heavily, there's no real hook or chorus, (which insn't a bad thing) but it's kinda meandering without a point, did that make any sense????  I'm not a big fan of the "Yeahs" at the end either. The production is good for a demo, and if you need someone to mix it I just read about a studio in Kentucky who would remix it for you for free...
52ND STREAM MEDIA, UNLTD.
WWW.52MEDIA.COM
POB 7005 LOUISVILLE KY 40257
SEND PRESS KITS GET ON OUR BROADCASTS

tigrl

8) ;D [glb]I could not agree more!!!![/glb]
Man! I first saw these guys about a year ago with Doves and just couldn't believe it...how good they were. I'd never seen anything like it. I was stunned and blown away. Ever since then I've been raving and raving about them to everyone I can..that likes that kind of music.

Just saw them in Vancouver other night for fourth time in a year. Thought well I've seen em already quite a few times but...That was the best show!! Maybe almost ever. the guy next to me after glowingly beamed and said "that was the best show of my life!" I went "me too!" Nothing like it!

those guys were 'on' from the word get go. I liked how they warmed up their instruments themselves, no techies (or is it road hands? ya know what I mean..) And didn't make us wait painfully for ages and ages for their set like lots of 'famous and more with-attitude kindof bands'...much appreciated.

these guys are wild and have such great energy. like the gentler solo songs too...Jim James acoustic...what a voice! So so glad there's a band around like this! And ya, I agree...I've watched em go from relative obscurity (noone hardly knowing who they were) to getting major acclaim and respect from so many critics and music mags. They are so deserving!

ya, "the best damn band in the world right now!" I found myself saying yesterday!

thanks Jim James...that was so so funny! I am very embarassed to say that tho going to 4 shows, I haven't bought a MMJ cd yet...will do so in few days (and should've grabbed a setlist I guess from the stage after..since I was right up front there...but so blown away that I forgot...) Anyways, I just thought that my Neil Young cd might be an ok substitute to get autographed. Nice of the waitress to go do that for me. But when I looked later and saw "Thanks   Neil Young" written down, oh man, I so laughed! Still laughing.

(and just checked...couldn't have been NY in the little back room there...signed...cuz on internet says somewhere he doesn't sign autographs...and looks like your kind of handwriting I think I'd imagine...thanks tho..super alot! and for such a great show!) Ya, I also agree...forget about all the hyped bands...some of em are actually boring live after all. Not these guys..they's the real deal!!!

oh ya, one more thing...the dancing part...Jim James came over close to some of us (by the stage, below) on the stage a few times....and almost felt like he was dancing with us...a bit...for a moment..a few times...that was just so precious and cool! Major major thanks for that show!!! 8)

one other thing (sorry, talk alot) it was the first show of MMJ's that I really, really noticed the talents of the others...the bass player (the one with shorter hair?) is he ever good/great! And the drummer too...amazing..just the whole sound...and also the way they play together and interact... :D :P

Oz

Ehm, all I can say is, well,... Word up!  ;D
I'm ready when you are

peanut butter puddin surprise

Now I've got that damn song in my head...

"...W...O...R...D...up!"
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tigrl

::)ya, guess that should've gone on the shows thread instead...ah, hard to believe but I was feelin a bit shy...well before I posted anyways.

ok, btw: weren't warming up the instruments...tuning them I guess

and he wasn't really 'dancing' I guess perse...but ya know...it was fun and a great show! ya know how they rock out and tear it up on stage..surprise the roof doesn't blow off! so alive and so much energy... ;D

well they are [glb]fabulous[/glb], that's what I was trying to say..! 8)

Oz

QuoteNow I've got that damn song in my head...

"...W...O...R...D...up!"

What song is that?
I'm ready when you are

SumKindaMonsta

i have a bunny in my pants.

tigrl

all those words (by me) and we're still on page 1?! good stuff...! ;D