+++1st Annual One Big Jacket Festival+++

Started by aMD, Jun 07, 2007, 10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

sweet. it's coming together. i'll bring some xmas lights. i'll bring my camera but chances are i won't take any pics, that's what always happens when i take my camera places.

aMD

btw, lizking and i are working on constructing some cornhole boards. hopefully they'll be complete by the 22nd.

that means the only thing we're really missing is the fireworks. i suppose the fireworks don't HAVE to come from Tennesse. Indiana has good fireworks too, but all you can get in kentucky are smoke bombs so i'm gonna need a little help on this one.

and t-shirts!!!

LizKing531

Oh yeah the cornhole will be ready to go  (thats sounds kinda fucked up, ya think?)

But anyway - COOL

SUPER COOL DISCO BALL!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like we'll have some good lighting - x-mas lights and a disco ball

I'm bring my camera/s  as well

porchdweller

I'm gonna try to come.  I'm due a couple of days off and I may take a couple and head down.  It's only about an hour.  I'm not a regular poster, but a huge MMJ fan.  Seen em 9 or 10 times, so I'm pretty excited to hang out with some like-minded folks.  I'll have cornhole boards taken care of.  Count me in as of now and I would like to drink some coffee and if anyone has any Fungi Tea that would be wonderful as well.  I'll do my best to provide some of these.  I'm working on two more friends that are huge fans too.  Can't wait to meet everyone.

Heath

www.myspace.com/thewishlistgoeson
It's just the way that he sings

megisnotreal

here's some more information about cave city
http://www.cavecity.com/

*maps, directions, weather info, general whatnots, what-have-you

LizKing531

oooooo oooooo oooooo there's a fungus amung us?

LizKing531

Next Weekend Folks!!!!!     Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Deez

Looks like Deez is gonna have to sit it out b/c i'm gonna have to work over the weekend and doing Father's Day a weekend late.  I was really hoping to meet everyone.  If it changes, I'll holler at someone and bring some fireworks from Nashville.  The myspace link is a great idea.  I'm at www.myspace.com/deezdecks if anyone wants to take a look at the MMJ skateboards i have for sale.  Peace!
You had me worried!!!

aMD

hope you can make it Deez and porchdweller.

i made two cornhole boards today i just need to cut the holes and paint them. so i'll be bringing them.  if porchdweller brings his too then we'll just have two sets, which would be cool.

aMD

8 more days, peeps!!!

here's the updated itinerary

Friday night
Set up camp
Ice cream social
Dance party (?)
Bonfire(?) / jam session (can you make a s'more out of a peep?... we'll see!)

Saturday
Hiking
Lawn games (CORNHOLE, horseshoes, badmitton, bocce ball)
Cornhole tournament
Peeps throwing contest
My Brother Benjamin performs. starts around 6:00
Your Evening Windbreaker performs.  starts around 7:30 (mmj cover band)
Fireworks / bonfire (?)
Jam session part deux
Fire dancing/walking (?)  

Fires are pending current ban in Barren County on open fires.  Camp fires are fine but we'll have to see if we can get away with the bonfire, fireworks, and fire dancing/walking

BH

Revised again.....

Friday night
Set up camp
Mix up a Maker's and Coke
Ice cream social
Dance party (?)
Bonfire(?) / jam session (can you make a s'more out of a peep?... we'll see!)

Saturday
Hiking
Lawn games (CORNHOLE, horseshoes, badmitton, bocce ball)
Cornhole tournament
Peeps throwing contest
*cough*
Fireworks / bonfire (?)
Jam session part deux
Fire dancing/walking (?)  

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

fitzcarraldo

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

aMD

nice work, dave.  maker's and bourbon of all kinds are definitely called for.  i think i'm going to make some hooch for saturday, but we'll see how long that lasts...   ;D

megisnotreal

QuoteRevised again.....

Friday night
Set up camp
Bonfire(?) / jam session

Saturday
Hiking
*cough*

i am ok with this schedule.
[smiley=beer.gif]

LizKing531

Your Evening Windbreaker

WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry Ewok

You people and your booze.

::)

I will most likely be smuggling in some of my favorite wine from Morgan Creek Vineyard. I'll be sure to remind everyone of my sophistication by lightly swirling the wine in my Dixie Cup while using words like "quite smashing, really" in place of words like "rockin' the balls off"...

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

aMD

QuoteYour Evening Windbreaker

WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indeed!   ;D

i just called the campsite. they said that they have drinking water on site, so we can focus on bringing other beverages.   :)

he read me all the names of people who have already reserved and i recognized everyone's name except one but that could have been someone with our group and i just don't know their real name.  

i'm getting ready to go paint some cornhole boards!  it's coming together peeps!

LizKing531

Brian  - you bringing the taping gear so that this marvelous occassion can be documented for history?

sweatboard

Unfortunatly it does not look like I'm going to be able to make it this year. :'(  Hopefuly next year.  I hope someone can tape some video clips of some of the performances.  I'd also like to see some cornholing action with mabey some Barry White playing in the background.      
There's Still Time.........