Main Menu

Radio play

Started by War_End, Jul 28, 2007, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dojoed

get xm.... i got that in my car and mmj plays on a couple stations... XMU (indie/college station) and Fred/ethel/lucy one of those rock stations.... but for real thats awesome you heard them on a local station too!

-edo

Angry Ewok

I don't even listen to radio, anymore... They get plenty of playtime on my iPod, though.

:-/
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

InTheZone

MN public radio (89.3 FM 'the current') plays them every once in a while, i've heard golden a couple times before and when Z came out they played off the record and gideon a couple times each.  they also played one big holiday last friday evening, which was awesome.
god bless the usa

lisaskye

I am here to represent northern California.

I have heard them in 2006 and 2007 in support of the release of Z
1) High school radio in Mountain view CA KSFH (87.9 FM)
2) College radio in Santa Clara http://www.kscu.org/  this week played MMJ
3) San Francisco KFOG 104.5 plays MMJ and had Jim James on their local acoustic CD for the year.   http://www.kfog.com/  
Jim James (of My Morning Jacket) – "It Beats 4 U"
KFOG Private Concert   in the KFOG PlaySpace on 10.24.06

Click http://www.kfog.com/music/lfta14/default.asp to purchase the download of KFOG Live from the Archives 14.  Proceeds still benefit Bay Area Food Banks.

Clarkwork

Sirius plays them.  They get played on Left of Center.  They also play Knot Comes Lose on Sirius Chill, which is one of my favorite channels.  

NPR plays them alot too.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

SmoothOprtr

XRT will play MMJ, but right now with them being in between albums pretty much, the volume has been way down.  When Z first came out they were played a lot more frequently, particularly Off the Record.  
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Tahoe Kat

I've got XM in the car and hear them every few weeks on fred and on the indie and college stations. Just tonight they played One Big Holiday on one of them. It usually takes me half the song to realize that it's on the radio and not on my I-pod. BTW- Tonight is the one year anniversary of what could quite possibly be the greatest rock-n-roll show of my life. MMJ at the Fillmore-NYE 06 :)

rugbird

Yea, XRT used to play Golden and Off the Record.  That was a good station 25 years ago.  Now they still play Talking Heads and Police like they're some groundbreaking new bands. >:(

bowl of soup

Get Sirius.  They got really heavy play on several Sirius stations when Z came out.  How people tolerate regular radio is beyong me.  I still think that there's a need for radio.  Ipod's, computers, and whatever the next music listening technology that's coming down the pike are all peachy, but cool radio programming gives old shut-ins like myself a chance to bump into new music.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.