Release Predictions (guessing game)

Started by ycartrob, Aug 27, 2007, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

OK, we all agree we don't know when the new release is coming out. Here's where you guess, and whoever gets the closest will have bragging rights. The guessing part of this thread closes September 30th (so get your guesses in now).

I am guessing........   July 1st  2008

ratsprayer

29 july 2008

extra prediction:  2006 bonnaroo show will be released in march to build anticipation for the new album and their 2008 bonnaroo appearance.

megisnotreal

this seems like a lucky date

BH

I'm going with a slightly more ambitious April 8th, 2008.

The longest it has ever been between albums is 2 years and 5 months.  So if you add this to Z's date of October of 2005, you get March of 08.  I threw in an extra month to make it more of a spring release like "At Dawn".

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

getinthevan

Remember, CD's are almost always released on Tuesdays.  

September 16th, 2008.  But only if there's another release before then.

If not, June 24th, 2008.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

JacketGal

6 May 2008 - no real reason to believe that -just a guess.  :P
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

primushead

March 20, 2009

That's right.  I think there will be a four year gap.

aMD

I'm going with with February 10, 2009.

The DARK

It was only a matter of time before a thread like this popped up.  ::)

My guess is that after ACL, the band will begin proper recording in Colorado. They spend two months or less recording the album (they say they've been doing a lot of jamming with new songs lately). That should leave the new album complete in late November. Our great band Jacket will probably anounce the album around Christmas and begin a massive tour during the new year. They're not the kinda band who wants to hold onto new material forever. The album will probably be released mid-tour (the way they did it with Z).

So I'll guess my birthday, February 19, 2008. That's rather optimistic, but I have faith in our good band.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

The DARK

QuoteMarch 20, 2009

That's right.  I think there will be a four year gap.

;D You listen to too much Radiohead, Gregg.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

EC

QuoteI'm going with a slightly more ambitious April 8th, 2008.
that would be a GREAT release date for the next album because
it's my birthdaaaaaaaaay
and if history proves correct, if we take a trip down memory lane, it was my birthday 2 yearz ago that my morning jacket announced their short southern tour leading up to bonnaroo, where they just so happened to be playing near every city that i had already planned on visiting on the same days on our southern us road trip.

that was a very very good day.  although i almost died that day from a heart attack.

dragonboy

June 3rd 2008
I came to this conclusion using a complicated system combining pythagoras, the bible code & odorless brush-cleaner!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

QuoteJune 3rd 2008
I came to this conclusion using a complicated system combining pythagoras, the bible code & odorless brush-cleaner!

alcohol is a hell of a drug.   ;)

evilPaauwe

cheers.

fitzcarraldo

the_wizzard

Seriously I hope it comes out sooner, but my birthday is on a Tuesday so I'll go with 3/18/2008!
8-)

dragonboy

Quote...but my birthday is on a Tuesday so I'll go with 3/18/2008!
What every year?!! How can that be?!!  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

the_wizzard

Quote...but my birthday is on a Tuesday so I'll go with 3/18/2008!
What every year?!! How can that be?!!  ;)

Just blessed, I guess   ;D

I guess I meant that my birthday will be on a Tuesday, NEXT year  ;)

getinthevan

Quoteone dollar

i think i know who's going to win this...
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

ChiefOKONO