Main Menu

Snippets....

Started by maddon, Feb 06, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddon

G'day,

I remember prior to Z being released, that MMJ played a few of the album tracks at a few of their shows.  Prior to the album release.

I know that the guys have been fairly quiet, but I was wondering, if anyone has heard any of the 'Evil Urges' tracks or any new material?

Ta.
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

buymycar

There's a new track Mr. James has played a few times solo called Wonderful (The Way I Feel).  The whole band played it acoustic style at the Bridge School Benefit Concert in October.

It remains to be seen if it will be on Evil Urges.

It will definitely be on Thrusting In Your Face, though.

It's a gorgeous song.

Yatz

I heard (at least) Wonderful (The Way I Feel) and maybe one more at the Rudyard Kipling benefit.  It's been so long that I can only remember vaguely how that one went.  

How long before they overhaul the website?
[url="//www.myspace.com/travistalbert"]www.myspace.com/travistalbert[/url]

BH

From what I've been able to put together from a few solo shows that Jim did awhile back, Greek Theatre, Belly Up, The Rud, and Bookeaters, after reading all of the reviews, I came up with a list of possible new songs.....

*Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
*Look At You
*Ordinary
*Peace & Glory (I think this one, which was described by attendees as "Peace & Glory" might possibly be Look At You or Ordinary, which were actually written on the Rud setlist.  Maybe some of you lucky SOB's that saw the Rud show can remember.)

You can hear Wonderful (The Way I Feel) here:

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2007-10-27.BridgeSchool_Day1

Track #7
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

realdeal

Wonderful is an ok song and all but I hope it doesn't find it's way on the new album. It's too catchy like 'Off The Record'. I guess the chorus is the part I don't really care for. It's too easy and straight foward. When I think of 'Evil Urges', 'Wonderful' also doesn't fit as far as names go. Bash away Jacketeers.

BH

Actually, I kind of agree.  It doesn't seem to fit on an album called Evil Urges but who knows how will all come together.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

How long before they overhaul the website?

That is actually a very good question. I can't wait to see the new artwork!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

DaFunkyPrecedent

i really like Wonderful (the way i feel) - plus i cant wait to hear what it sounds like with a bunch of wailing guitars behind it.  It's like listening to Off the record acoustic and saying the same thing...ya knows.
God damn those shaky knees.

aMD

Personally I don't think any of those shows we heard at the Rud will make it.  I felt the same way about Wonderful (the way I feel) until I heard the full band version from the Bridge School.  It has grown on me, but still.

Also, we'd have to listen to the Rud tapes, but I think that Look at You was an Aaron Todovich original, but I could be wrong.

getinthevan

Also, we'd have to listen to the Rud tapes, but I think that Look at You was an Aaron Todovich original, but I could be wrong.

Yes, we should all listen to the Rud tapes.  

...someone should make it possible for us to listen to the Rud tapes.  You know, so we can clarify this.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place