MMJ Tribute Record Volume III - It's that time.

Started by EC, Jan 20, 2006, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Love the Cover Design AngryEwok - great job!  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

Quotei always thought violins were pretty cool, but i thought the general opinion out there was that they were pretty dorky  ???

you've heard of Andrew Bird?

hell no they aren't dorky...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ali

no haven't heard of andrew bird... i never thought they were dorky, but i'm sure the other kids at my school did ;)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

tomEisenbraun

(ali, you have a PM waitin for ya)

and you should check out Andrew Bird, because he is awesome with a violin. beautiful songwriting, too.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Chills

Quotei always thought violins were pretty cool, but i thought the general opinion out there was that they were pretty dorky  ???

Warren Ellis (Dirty Three, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) makes it look cool!

ratsprayer

EC

And if you can't swing it, you'll simply have to - abododoodoododi dodababadadaba... scatetc.

:)

Dee.

QuoteHow do you guys like my Z owl?
I like it a lot, I do.  Good job.  :)

Quoteviolins are H.O.T.
EC speaks the truth.  

EC

ali

aww feeling the violin-love out there folks!  ;D

love a song for the way it makes you feel

Dee.

Quote(hypnotically ocular tremors)

Yessss...

mars_in_furs

I'd definitely like to participate in this third album.  I'll probably do a christmas song.  I was set on new morning until I recently learned it was a GD Nick Cave song.  Instead I'll probably do Xmas time is here again.  Either that or the playful instrumental variation.Oh, the irony.  

Fondly,
Keith

Post Scripto-The artwork looks fantastic.  The words from the initial sketch look bad ass and you should certainly keep those.

Post Post Scripto- The Mysterious Production of Eggs (Andrew Bird) is now in heavy rotation.  Its so good.  Thanks My Morning Jacket forum.  

utonynashm

So it's not only Z songs?  I don't know what to pick then, way to much and to daunting...I don't have much time either...

Hell, count me down for something...It will be an instrumental to so....sorry bout that...

bo dereks tits

EC

Quotei wouldn't mind doing one  8)

Rock.  Which one?

Tony, did you decide yet?

EC

All righty.  We have our first entry.  Tony has finished Knot Comes Loose, all instrumental.  I was thinkin' this morning that an all instrumental KCL might be too much with an a capella KCL (;)), so I think I'm going to choose a different one, which is good, because it'll force me to learn a new song.

Anybody else been plunking?  Anybody else think they might like to do somethin'?  :)

In addition, angry ewok has been making some LOVELY artwork for the cover.  It's really really awesome.  Once we have the final tracklist and such, there are a couple of others (ali and i think it was tom) who are going to make more artwork, too.

DD

ive got the structure of mine together.  now i just need to figure out the synth sounds i will be using and how im going to do the vocals.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

EC

Quoteive got the structure of mine together.  now i just need to figure out the synth sounds i will be using and how im going to do the vocals.

are you going to use a cassssssio by any chance?  mmm cassio.

I have decided that I'm going to do a windchime version of Magheetah.  I will record dog barks from the park, and pitch them through my computer.

That's a lie.  I still don't know which one to do.  I'll get 'er up.

COME ON  YOU GUYS, WHO'S WITH US HERE?!  Let's get some more dudes on the bill!!!!!!!

DD

moogs, casiotones, farfisa, yamaha dx7, and possibly heavily effected rhodes plus digital drum machine and other effected percussive sounds.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

Oz

Hmm, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to participate this time. Starting from next Sunday I'm going to record an EP or an album of my own music and I might record a cover of 'Wordless chorus', but I think I'll be busy enough recording and arranging my own stuff and finally figuring out what I'm going to do with those 22 unfinished demos that I have flying around. So it's the safest not to promise anything, so that if I do get around it, it'll be a surprise. :)
I'm ready when you are