Anyone know this song?

Started by aMD, Mar 07, 2008, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

Updating the covers comp on a snowy day and I can't figured out what song this is:

http://www.archive.org/download/mmj2000-12-14.aud.flac16/mmj2000-12-14t01_vbr.mp3

Ger posted it to the archive.  He lists it as "What Goes Up, Must Come Down" (cover) (short piece as an intro)

But it's not Spinning Wheel by Blood, Sweat, and Tears like I thought it might be.  It also doesn't seemed to be What Goes Up, Must Come Down by the Allan Parsons Project.  Is it actually an original Jim was working on at the time?  any help?

realdeal

aMD

QuoteRIPVG?

nope, it's not ripvg.  any other guesses?

BH

I've been wondering that myself.  Jim also plays it right before R.I.P.V.G on the Paridiso recording that you are waiting for.  It actually fits really well with R.I.P.V.G.  He doesn't even really change the guitar notes/pace at all, yet on the Ancienne Belgique Club show that you reference he goes right into War Begun, right.   I've googled the lyrics several times and I can't find anything that matches.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CC

i think it's an RIPVG accessory
kinda like clip-on sunglasses
that would make sense

megalicious

kinda like clip-on sunglasses

instant cool
8-)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

aMD

hmm... okay. guess that answers that.  thanks ya'll!