Main Menu

Hmmmmm

Started by eiseyrokker, Mar 14, 2008, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Okay, I swear I'll try not to be too long-winded. But if I am you can just not read it. Or at least just skip down a couple paragraphs...

Anyways, I still think of myself as "I used to be a pretty active member of the forums." But recently, I've gotten back in. Slowly started checkign more and more often, slowly started having more and more to say. And I worked my way up to listening to the entire webcast last night and posting in on the listening thread. I'd actually never done that when I was active here before...

You guys probably remember when I had burned out on the J and needed to take a break a year and a half ago? Well, I'm finally back, I decided. Last night did it. I'm sitting here just listening to them again, and that's a good feeling. It's like getting back in touch with a friend you moved away from. Moving back into Jacket City. Good lord I'm a lame-ass...

----------------

Here's what I think I happened on while I've been listening today:

Heartbreakin Man:
2o times i wish you'd understand, that you're breakin the
heart of this heartbreakin man. 20 times i wish you'd use the door, cause
you're makin this heart want some more...

And I started thinking, what if there's two different meanings of break happening here? Like "breaking" a wild horse? It'd change the whole meaning of the song, wouldn't it? "Get out of here, you're breakin my hard-ass shell from the inside out..."

It almost makes more sense in a more non-masochistic way, doesn't it? And it leaves it just ambiguous enough to really not have any inclination toward one way or the other?

I'm quite interested in your thoughts on this one, and if anyone thinks that plausible..well sweet. I think I dig this song even more now!

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

aMD

I think it's just something to sing, like do-wah-diddy or give peace a chance.   ;)