MMJ on Front Cover of CMJ Mew Music Mag.

Started by raindog1972, Sep 28, 2003, 09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raindog1972

...not only are they the featured band (front cover all to themselves) for this month...One Big Holiday is the lead-off track on the complimentary cd....

Sal Paradise

The sound in your mind is the first sound that you could sing

Oz

Pretty cool... I'm gonna see if we can get that mag somewhere in Holland, 'cuz it looks neat.  :)
I'm ready when you are

my_evening_jacket

O, get me you address and I will mail a copy to you

I am going to pick up a copy today at lunch

p.s. I still hear some floyd on I Will Sing You Songs
of course that might have to do with some of my brain cells malfunctioning due to a few indiscretions in the 70s. ;)

Tim
shake some action

peanut butter puddin surprise

"indiscretions", eh?  ;)

That CMJ...they just love MMJ!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

Hey John - Kings of Leon is on that disc as well.  I will get a chance to hear them when I get home tonight.

I plead the 5th on those indiscretions :o
shake some action

Sweet!  I'm gonna have to renew my subscription;  I let it lapse in March...

Hee hee..it's all good brother.  If the 1980's could talk... 8)

vegasace

Speaking of CMJ, does anyone know where or when they are playing? I know they are listed, but no firm dates.

vegasace

mcgrub

There's also a nice feature on MMJ in the new No Depression Mag entitled "Reverb Rebels". (Lyle Lovett is on the cover).

wooden

One of my buddies got the guys to autograph that mag at their Saturday show in Louisville this past weekend.  Now it's framed in his room  ;D

my_evening_jacket

I wish I would have been wise enough to bring a copy for the boys to sign.  I keep loving these guys more every day.  Long live the Jacket.

Tim
shake some action

otter

My Evening Jacket....so glad to hear someone else heard that floydy sound...I keep wanting to sing Us and Them during that intro...and then how about the end..those last two minutes are what I like to call My Morning Jacket at the end of a long day. Have you been hearing It Still Moves on WYCE. I have heard it numerous times already in two weeks. Hope you had fun at the show..

my_evening_jacket

I haven't listened to the radio in a long time.  I am glad to hear that the boys are getting some radio play here in town.

Hey, I wonder if we saw each other at the show.  There were a few people from GR at the show.  Did you ride down with Herm?

I was with my friend Shawn.

I have curly brown hair and was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt that said Run so others can Roll.

If you are up for it show up at the Hair of the Frog on 10/2 for the Aislers Set w/the Icicles.

http://www.microindie.com/org/calendar.html

peace,

Tim
shake some action

CC

Oz

I never really noticed before I got that mag from My_evening_jacket, but damn, that Patrick is a BIG man!  :o
I'm ready when you are