Main Menu

First post

Started by Igbo, Apr 03, 2008, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

Yes it is Bad Brains, i am from DC so it's required

just thought Clutch and Fugazi were required. BBs make it even better.

CLutch is not required. Bad Brains, Chuck Brown, and Marvin Gaye are all required.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWhatever you do, DO NOT say anything negative towards the band.

that's right. Or realdeal will be all over you!

i thought he was the one that says the negative things.

And don't forget it is difficult to interpret sarcasm on the internet!   ;)

It's only difficult if you're a fucking moron.

Well its a good thing I'm not a fucking moron!

are you being sarcastic?

get a fucking life you fucking asshole!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

are you being sarcastic?

Correction:  ~It's only difficult if you're a fucking moron.~

fuck you too [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

ManNamedTruth

are you being sarcastic?

I've been holding back way to long. Do you really think you're better than everyone? Do you really think that because you know so much about this band that you can belittle everyone? What makes you think you're not a moron?

Igbo

Wow! I am kind of stoked my first post created such an uproar!

Feel the love y'all!

Jon T.

Where are the underlines and italics true?  

aMD

are you being sarcastic?

I've been holding back way to long. Do you really think you're better than everyone? Do you really think that because you know so much about this band that you can belittle everyone? What makes you think you're not a moron?

Actually, Jon T. is the one who called you a fucking moron.  But he was joking, like I was.  And I don't belittle everyone, that's your perception.  I guess what makes me think I'm not a moron is that I have a sense of humor (oh and a masters degree and an IQ way above average).

Just calm down, smoke another joint, and post a pic of you doing it in the memberpics thread, that would be real intelligent! (notice the italics to denote sarcasm).

pawpaw

Good job assholes! This shit's funny ;D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Taterbug

Welcome to the board / UFC.     :)       I think we need to have a cage match at Jacket Fest this year to clear the air  ;)    

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ycartrob

QuoteHello to everyone! This is my 1st post on the Forum,i have been lurknig for a bit and finally decided to register.

Saw MMJ for my 1st time i think 2 years ago at the 930club in DC. The only song i knew was Wordless Chorus, and i had only heard that once. My homeboy bought me a ticket for the gig and just kept saying "trust me." it was one of the best shows i have ever seen, emotional, anthemic, big!!!! I have been hooked since.

Next show is Radio City, can't wait.

welcome to the show!  

I'm 44.   :-/

I saw a Bad Brains cover band (sort of) called Men With No IQ, back in Jackson, Mississippi in like 1985. 3 black high school kids. The lead singer/guitar probably had a mental disorder (or was whacked on something), the bass player wore a suit and the drummer weighed about 350. They were playing one of their original songs (some of their original songs lasted like 12 seconds) and the lead singer/guitar set his t-shirt on fire (while wearing it) and then picked up a box of Cap'n Crunch that happened to be sitting behind his amp and began swinging it over his head, projecting Crunch into the crowd, all the while on fire. Probably one of the most single rocking moments I ever saw.

[size=20]W E L C O M E;  [/size]take your shoes off.

The DARK

QuoteHello to everyone! This is my 1st post on the Forum,i have been lurknig for a bit and finally decided to register.

Saw MMJ for my 1st time i think 2 years ago at the 930club in DC. The only song i knew was Wordless Chorus, and i had only heard that once. My homeboy bought me a ticket for the gig and just kept saying "trust me." it was one of the best shows i have ever seen, emotional, anthemic, big!!!! I have been hooked since.

Next show is Radio City, can't wait.

welcome to the show!  

I'm 44.   :-/

I saw a Bad Brains cover band (sort of) called Men With No IQ, back in Jackson, Mississippi in like 1985. 3 black high school kids. The lead singer/guitar probably had a mental disorder (or was whacked on something), the bass player wore a suit and the drummer weighed about 350. They were playing one of their original songs (some of their original songs lasted like 12 seconds) and the lead singer/guitar set his t-shirt on fire (while wearing it) and then picked up a box of Cap'n Crunch that happened to be sitting behind his amp and began swinging it over his head, projecting Crunch into the crowd, all the while on fire. Probably one of the most single rocking moments I ever saw.

[size=20]W E L C O M E;  [/size]take your shoes off.

;D ;D ;D BEST STORY EVER! (though I'm pretty sure everyone but me has heard it... :-/)
In another time, in another place, in another face

thatswhatshesaid

QuoteWelcome to the board / UFC.     :)       I think we need to have a cage match at Jacket Fest this year to clear the air  ;)    

man, that would be awesome!

mjkoehler

Yes it is Bad Brains, i am from DC so it's required

just thought Clutch and Fugazi were required. BBs make it even better.

CLutch is not required. Bad Brains, Chuck Brown, and Marvin Gaye are all required.
Marvin Gaye goes without sayin.

Ghosts_on_TV

This thread is funny.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

DaFunkyPrecedent

this thread blows.  we should talk more about the band.  We dont do that enough...
God damn those shaky knees.

Bigsky

QuoteWow! I am kind of stoked my first post created such an uproar!

Feel the love y'all!

Welcome Igbo, I am also pretty new to this forum and MMJ.

Don't worries to much about these guys, there just being distracted by themselves, and forgot that this forum is not about them, but about the best damn human creation known as MMJ

ycartrob

Don't worries to much about these guys, there just being distracted by themselves, and forgot that this forum is not about them, but about the best damn human creation known as MMJ

good point

Igbo

Oh i dig all the bullshit back and forth.

Besides, it looks like this thread has been having the most action of any thread in a long time