*SPOILER*  New Album Discussion

Started by sweatboard, Jul 14, 2005, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

QuoteAfter Z, I don't think anyone can refer to MMJ as "that southern rock band" or "that alt. country band".  They'll just have to say "that exciting and magical new Rock Band."  

Oh yeah sweatboard!!! They keep shapeshifting. Z is Awesome!

darkglow

hehe, sean, i'm glad i'm not the only one trying to figure out what that fucking voice is saying

aMillionDreams

The songs does sound amazing backwards, but I don't have the foggiest idea what he is saying or who is saying it.  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Jellyfish

This album is magnificent...I can't stop listening to it...woke up this morning with "Knot Comes Loose" going on in my head...anybody else hear a lot of Neil Young in that song?I like every track on it.I can't wait till the commercial release so I can get the lyrics down..specially on "Anytime"...I was trying to figure out what the chorus is.

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jellyfish

And how in the hell are ya'll getting the CD to play backwards?  ???
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

fitzcarraldo

Yeah, isn't there a way to make mp3's play backwards? Some program? I'll look into it, anyone know? post it here por favor.  ;)

darkglow

you can download a small audio editing program (audacity is pretty small and easy to use i think) and reverse the track

darkglow

or you can stand on your head and listen to it  :D

fiftymillimeter

yeah, i just took the second half of off the record out and reversed it in peak. pretty crazy. if anyone gets some more of what he's talking about, post it here.

utonynashm

Hell I give in...

How the hell are you getting the songs!!!!

Send me a private messege or something!

October

i'm very pumped to see everybody liking it.  i have no way of getting it, being as i don't have any downloader, and i don't belong to oink, so i'll probably just wait like i always do.

anyway, i just realized it was Into the Woods played at Randolph Street Festival, right after Run Thru. so that gives people six of the songs featured live so far.

i am eager to hear Knot Comes Loose, it seems to be getting rave reviews.

fiftymillimeter

into the woods is a really interesting waltz filled with strange and somewhat surreal fragments (sonically and lyrically) of childhood.

darkglow

lol tony.. we knew you wouldnt last long.. welcome to the dark side

sweatboard

QuoteHell I give in...

How the hell are you getting the songs!!!!

Send me a private messege or something!

Joined the dark side did ya. ;D  Muhahahahaha.  Now let's take bets on how long Meg and John can hold out. ;)  
There's Still Time.........

walter_sobchak

mind blowing, this is the record of the year, no doubt.

fiftymillimeter

knot comes loose is fucking killing me.

aMillionDreams

I listen to it again today and it was weirder this time somehow.  It's really going to take me a while to make a fully formed opinion about this album.
BTW, I think someone should send John and Meg the files and tag them to see if they get opened. ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

fiftymillimeter

help with lyrics:

## knot comes loose ##

baby baby can't you see that i'm smiling
can't you see there's a part of me that's ?? bright mood ??
used to be there's a part of me that liked hiding
but night (knot?) comes through

deep in my heart
that's where the knot comes loose
deep in my heart
i will remember you

all my lovely life i been waiting
high heels anticipating
?? that a love i found not to let it die
i...

deep in my heart
that's where the knot comes loose
deep in my heart
i will remember you

baby baby can't you see that i'm smiling
can't you see there's a part of me that's ?? bright mood ??
used to be there's a part of me that liked hiding
but knot comes through
but knot comes through
comes through to you

sweatboard

I can't get enough of "Anytime" it makes me feel so fucking good.  I really enjoy the fact that this album does not seem at all suited for the radio but if they were going to get some airplay this would probably be the song to do it with.  It's the feel good hit of the fall.  
There's Still Time.........

darkglow