Current Favorite EU Track (if you can pick one)

Started by Nikkogino, Apr 23, 2008, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Remnants-  Where the hell did this song come from?  Can't wait till we get to see the lyrics.  My only complaint is that I wish the song would have jammed out for another 10 to 15 million minutes.

folieadeux322

Smoking for Shooting!

It has an old skool MMJ feel to the lyrics.
Take off those glasses and let down your hair for me...

Jon T.

Smokin from Shootin for now.  Several others are right behind it and I'm sure over time each will take its place at some point.

thatswhatshesaid

QuoteRemnants-  Where the hell did this song come from?  Can't wait till we get to see the lyrics.  My only complaint is that I wish the song would have jammed out for another 10 to 15 million minutes.
i think it kind of has a no code pearl jam feel to it.

my favorite would have to be the title track as of now.

kyjed48

QuoteRemnants-  Where the hell did this song come from?  Can't wait till we get to see the lyrics.  My only complaint is that I wish the song would have jammed out for another 10 to 15 million minutes.

my favorite would have to be the title track as of now.

That's exactly what I thought when I heard Remnants.  PJ has had on obvious influence.  I'm not sure what my favorite song is yet.  This is an album that needs to be listened to in its entirety to get the full effect.  I love it!
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

Dillsnufus

I thought the exact same thing and my favorite track so far is remnants. but my favorite slow song is smokin from shootin
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Love Dogg

What about on "Two Halves" at about the two minute mark, when Jim holds the word "halves" for SIXTEEN seconds?!!!?  It's gotta be a record.   :D
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Don Dante

Yes!  Love that part too, Dog.

Smokin' From Shootin' was immediately my favorite (starting with SXSW), and still is.  Great lyrics, haunting slide, and awesome climax.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

notdarkyet

Wardog

Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away

...vacuuman...

Touch Me Pt. 1

very smooth, great beat...
$240 worth of puddin'

TFowl

Yeah, touch me part 1 is amazing, as is the production on this album.  I'm willing to bet anything anyone who gave Z a real chance and ended up liking it will do the same for this album.  I can easily see why some people aren't into it at first because the production is so different and the reverb is even less used.  Most of the songs are amazing though, and when I put on headphones and smoked a little green I was floored at the production, the keyboards and samples are AMAZING.  Koster did an amazing job, even better then Z.   I also think the people who are rating it badly but have loved MMJ will surely come around after a few listens and getting use to the new songs.  

I find personally too, whenever an album doesn't quiet STRIKE me on first listen, but does after multiple listens, these albums are the ones that make the most lasting impression for me.  It always seems whenever I really like something on first listen that it quickly fades and becomes forgettable, barely ever to be played again by me.  This album took me a few listens and now i'm in love.  

With all of that said, I still think the reverb should have been used more on specific songs (Thank you too, smokin from shootin).

Maybe someone can get a hold of the master tapes and ad some digital reverb to jim's voice  :P

Or.... BETTER YET, there should be a limited edition which features a second disc with the same songs, only TONS of reverb on the vocals so we can compare and really see which sounds better.   This would satisfy all old fans I think.... ;)

Hubcap

Im Amazed and Librarian are my two favs as of now.  I have to say the entire album has a great vibe to it.  Up beat and just greath flow.  I kinda did a quick listen through it cant wait to really get into it and listen to each and every song all the way through.

EC

my current favourite eu track is probably the one that runs between the netherlands and belgium.  it's hard to pick, though.

The DARK

Touch Me Pt. 2 (of the ones I've heard). This should become a dancefloor classic.

Evil Urges second, Smokin third.
In another time, in another place, in another face

kyjed48

Quotemy current favourite eu track is probably the one that runs between the netherlands and belgium.  it's hard to pick, though.

There's one between France and Switzerland that is just breathtaking.  I've never been there, but it sure does look good in the pictures. ;)
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

The DARK

Quotemy current favourite eu track is probably the one that runs between the netherlands and belgium.  it's hard to pick, though.

There's one between France and Switzerland that is just breathtaking.  I've never been there, but it sure does look good in the pictures. ;)

Not to rain on your parade, but I really don't think you can top the underwater tunnel between England and France.

EC

Not to rain on your parade, but I really don't think you can top the underwater tunnel between England and France.
i see...  but i'll admit that i'm confused as to whether the uk is part of the EU or not...  maybe they are but they're keeping the pound?

The DARK

i see...  but i'll admit that i'm confused as to whether the uk is part of the EU or not...  maybe they are but they're keeping the pound?
They're def part of the EU, not sure about the pound though (I think they do still use it).

Also, I bet there are loads of great tracks thru the Black Forest and along the Rhine.  8-)

EC

now i really want to be on the eurorail.
i bet i dream about trains tonight.

speaking of dreaming I SHOULD GO TO BED WHY AM I STILL HERE?