Local Louisville music critic blogs about EU

Started by antoniostrohs, May 12, 2008, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniostrohs

[size=14]Found this on the Courier Journal website.[/size]
Thursday, April 17, 2008
MMJ album 'freakin' me out'
So how great is it to be me? Well, about a month ago I was among the first on the planet to get a copy of the new My Morning Jacket album, "Evil Urges," which is available June 10 for the rest of you. That's almost two months away! Nyah.

After really soaking this monster up, I'm tempted to say it's their finest work.

Seriously. I almost can't deal with how good it is. It's freakin' me out. Dedicated fans have probably watched the latest MMJ concert footage on You Tube, which includes eight new songs, but the audio is bad and you lose the real beauty of the music. I almost said "majesty of the music," but that would have been gay.

If any of my friends are reading this and I haven't played the record for you, stop by the house. And by friends, I mean people who'll bring some beer. Lots of beer.
Jeffrey Lee Puckett

manicminer

well I dont know how gay this sounds, but I honestly love this band so much it almost makes me cry when I read good reviews or people saying that they are "blown away" by  MMJ.

They changed my life with One Big Holiday, on a day I went to see some crappy band called The Thrills, I got one from MMJ instead. Dondante playing right now, in the Jim James solo part. Oh man. Wow.

ycartrob

hey everybody, it's antoniostrohs!

how you been ma'n?

antoniostrohs

I'm doing fine my brother and thank you  for asking.

peanut butter puddin surprise

antoniostrohs rawks da house!  :) good seeing you the other day, my brutha...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there