Do Not Fear Evil Urges

Started by songdiver, May 16, 2008, 01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songdiver

I will not say anything about what this album holds inside it, other than to tell anyone who hasn't listened to it, or has already, to go listen to all various types of music, even the albums you liked as a kid, but are now over.  Now think about how all of those different types of music have made you happy, even the music that kind of seems silly now, and then (I'm giving something away) mix all of those different sounds into one album.  Magic fun!

My girlfriend works at a record store and I broke down when she said she had a demo of the album, but I was slightly afraid I would be disappointed based on what I've read on here, not because of the people who are let down, but the lack of people who say it's amazing.  

well...

This album blew my mind.  I will not go into detail about why, but if you really listen to this with an open mind, I think you will have the most fun listening to an album this year or maybe ever.  It's okay to have fun, joy is good.  At Dawn is my favorite album and I can relate to the poeple who are curious about the direction MMJ's taking here, but this album is great fun, mind-blowing, thick with music, and gives me even more confidence in what they are capable of in the future.  I must add: some type of drug might help get through the initial phases of confusion.

wow, time for another listen.
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

Aus9.5

I can't agree with you more....
"Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company"~ Mark Twain

EOTW

Funny how many people have "demos" of this album.  Must be lots of folks working in record stores and radio stations.  At least I copped to DL the thing.  

ultravisitor

QuoteI was slightly afraid I would be disappointed based on what I've read on here, not because of the people who are let down, but the lack of people who say it's amazing.

I think a lot of people are just choosing to remain silent about it, even if they like it, simply because it hasn't been officially released yet.  Once it's officially released, there will surely be plenty of people talking about how good they think it is.

sweatboard

Yeah, I'm blown away by it but I really don't want to get into it right now.  I'll just say they have spoiled us with this record....I can't f'ing believe they have other songs that didn't make this record.  

You aren't going to get 13 songs this original and amazing from to many bands.  
There's Still Time.........