not as cool as american idol but...

Started by bignewt, May 16, 2008, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bignewt

Maxim magazine reviewed Evil Urges , gave it 3 1/2 stars. Pretty cool review too in typical sarcastic Maxim speak. Referred to Remnants as a back room Meth lab explosion or something to that effect. I would transcribe but its Friday afternoon and there is Wild Turkey to attend to. Cheers!

And can we please stop with the American Idol threads on the board? i dont care if Paula Abdul sings Honest Man while chopping angel dust on the judging table, just having that show's name on our board disgraces all we stand for here. Those of you who watch should all be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously.

....and scene.
Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

getinthevan

Maxim probably hasn't even heard it.

I was flipping through the new issue of Mix and there was a blurb about Joe Chiccarelli doing work at Blackbird Studio in Nashville, and mentions that they did overdubs for Evil Urges there.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

primushead

Don't pay any attention to Maxim.  They gave My Chemical Romance 5 stars and heralded it as an instant classic.  Thumbs down.

Coltrane

QuoteMaxim magazine reviewed Evil Urges , gave it 3 1/2 stars. Pretty cool review too in typical sarcastic Maxim speak. Referred to Remnants as a back room Meth lab explosion or something to that effect. I would transcribe but its Friday afternoon and there is Wild Turkey to attend to. Cheers!

And can we please stop with the American Idol threads on the board? i dont care if Paula Abdul sings Honest Man while chopping angel dust on the judging table, just having that show's name on our board disgraces all we stand for here. Those of you who watch should all be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously.

....and scene.

you need to watch AI more.....not only did Paula destroy that angel dust while singing Honest Man, she capped it all off by eating two full bags of Doritos, washe dit down with a box of wine and later fell alseep muttering, "I'm so pretty....i'm so pretty........emilio??? emilio??"

and then MC Skat Kat did some gansta rap.

seriously. pretty cool.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

getinthevan

QuoteMaxim magazine reviewed Evil Urges , gave it 3 1/2 stars. Pretty cool review too in typical sarcastic Maxim speak. Referred to Remnants as a back room Meth lab explosion or something to that effect. I would transcribe but its Friday afternoon and there is Wild Turkey to attend to. Cheers!

....and scene.

you need to watch AI more.....not only did Paula destroy that angel dust while singing Honest Man, she capped it all off by eating two full bags of Doritos, washe dit down with a box of wine and later fell alseep muttering, "I'm so pretty....i'm so pretty........emilio??? emilio??"

and then MC Skat Kat did some gansta rap.

seriously. pretty cool.

I really need to start watching American Idol.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

bignewt

yes I might need to rethink this idol...

as for Maxim, of course they hold no water but the review was kinda funny.
Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

ultravisitor

People pay attention to Maxim?  Really?

petemoss

Um, American Idol is not cool.
Didn't Maxim get in trouble for reviewing a black crowes cd withtout actually having heard the cd? lol