EU Listening Parties!!! + Evil Urges Download

Started by dragonboy, Apr 18, 2008, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Check your emails!

"hello all you fine and wonderful people out there that are interested in what we do. we now live in the 90's - the era of the interweb and instant gratification. these are confusing times for all humankind, but especially for those of us in the music world as you well know... a week or so ago we played some of our new songs for the first time at a show in houston tx! about an hour later all of those songs were available on the interweb- talk about speed!!! since those and other non-album audiovisual recordings are available to people on the interweb, we wanted to make at least one "real" song version available (if one was interested in what the "real actual studio album" might sound like) to those of you who have supported us most and have seemed most excited about what we are doing over the years.

so here is the song "evil urges". we sure hope you are to enjoy it! we would put the whole thing out there on the interweb, but gosh darn-it, we're still a little old fashioned in that way of wanting the listener to be able to get the actual music when it is supposed to be released, when we say it is finished- not when someone else puts it on the interweb.... but it is the 90's now, we understand that. its a new decade and we want to be part of this decade, but whilst still maintaining a link to the past - where one can't necessarily get everything they want immediately when they want it, but rather when they are told they can have it - by their real life keeper or their digital daddy! we will play both roles here. we all personally relish waiting to unwrap that shrink wrap and smelling that fresh vinyl or compact disc plastic, mmm...that fresh cardboard and paper. or if we buy it off the interweb we all love holding our computers up to our noses and smelling those brand new digital downloads...mmm...fresh! gall durn it- we're just old fashioned that way. sometimes... gentle reader, in this age of instant gratification, waiting can be so rewarding, it can teach us a valuable lesson about the triumph of the human spirit... but sometimes, like our old friend tom petty said- waiting is the hardest part. thank you all for being so supportive of us, and unending in your love... from the bottom of our cold dead hearts!

love,
mmj!"
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Tore

Just gets a "nope" when clicking the download-button!  :o

dragonboy

Dear Friends of My Morning Jacket,

On June 10th, 2008, My Morning Jacket will release their 5th studio album, "Evil Urges". Just like we did with Z and Okonokos, we'd like to offer up the opportunity to host a listening party and celebrate the new record with family and friends, before it gets released to the public.

If you're interested in participating, please respond to this email with your name, address, email and phone number. We're going to do our best in choosing those who have responded first, we'd also like to make sure that as many people from different cities/locations can host listening parties. So, while you may be among the first to respond, it's our hope that the music can be heard and shared in a variety of locations all over the world.

Once you've been contacted, a package containing: My Morning Jacket posters, a t-shirt, and of course an advance copy of Evil Urges, for you to share with your friends and family..... will be on it's way to you!!!

So if you're interested in hosting a listening party and spreading the love, please respond and we'll be in touch!

Love & Respect,

My Morning Jacket & ATO Records
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

I like this angle of the (potential) cover a lot better...so they were fucking with us?!!

Tore

Oh, sorry, it worked with a different browser...

thatswhatshesaid

dragonboy

OK so I'm gonna break....downloading now!!!

dragonboy

Kimbos_Evil_Bread

hey I wanna host one of these in Boston, where did you get this e-mail from?
[url="http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/"]http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert"]http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert[/url]

dragonboy

Quotehey I wanna host one of these in Boston, where did you get this e-mail from?
Buddy System I guess? i think that's all I ever signed up for but I could well be wrong...

dragonboy

Haha anybody having trouble posting?

Too...many...dudes...in...love...with...the...Jacket...wanting...to...hear...
Evil...Urges...will...crash...the...system!!!  :D

dragonboy

[size=30]I f**king LOVE this song!!![/size]

RedPatokaSea

This made my day!  Thank you MMJ!

;D

June 20th, RHMC!!! I can't wait!

Tore

Very Houses of the holy this song. Like it, but I hope Jim will keep the falsetto on a low the rest of the album. I like his true voice better!

Igbo

ahh yeah!! :) :D :)

i cant wait to hear that bridge section of the song live and loud!!!!

dragonboy

Incredible!!!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-* :'(

Igbo

is it me or does Jim's voice sound slightly, for lack of a better comparison, Curtis MAyfield-esque on this track?

Cerenz

WAAAAAAAAA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o

Andrushka

I want to host one in Madrid.

So this song sounds good, although I am completely unable to make out most of the lyrics. I hope this thing comes with a lyric sheet.

The drums kick, and so do the guitars. Just wish there were more bass guitar pumping, but maybe it's just the quality of the mp3.

vespachick

I grabbed it, but I haven't listened.  I'm REALLY torn about whether to do it.... :-/  I want to hear the whole thing on vinyl... poop!

Plus, did anybody else get a weird crashy-business when replying to host?  I did, but I hope it went through!!!

Oh ya, THANKS MMJ FOR BEING SO FUCKING COOL TO US!! :-* :-* :-*
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked