When will MMJ be in a video game?

Started by Nikkogino, May 29, 2008, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Didn't know the best way to label this thread...
Anyway, I played Rock Band this weekend for the first time and had a blast.  I have played Guitar Hero before a long time ago as well.  Why the heck hasn't an MMJ song been put on any of these games?  I realize that most of the songs in these games are classics and that the newer songs are usually Fall out Boy and Jet, but how bad-ass would it be to rock out to some Lay Low or OBH in one of those games.  It just seems like a natural fit to me.

cmccubbin25

QuoteDidn't know the best way to label this thread...
Anyway, I played Rock Band this weekend for the first time and had a blast.  I have played Guitar Hero before a long time ago as well.  Why the heck hasn't an MMJ song been put on any of these games?  I realize that most of the songs in these games are classics and that the newer songs are usually Fall out Boy and Jet, but how bad-ass would it be to rock out to some Lay Low or OBH in one of those games.  It just seems like a natural fit to me.

agreed....flood the developers with MMJ song requests!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

Angry Ewok

How sweet would a MY MORNING JACKET edition be? Flying V and Omnichord accessories is a must. Songlist:

Wordless Chorus
It Beats For You
Gideon
Evil Urges
One Big Holiday
I Will Sing You songs
Lowdown
The Bear
The Way That He Sings
What A Wonderful Man
Smokin' From Shootin'
Off The Record
Golden
They Ran
Lay Low
Dondante
You Gotta Have Spirit
Aluminum Park
Run Thru
At Dawn
Highly Suspicious
Remnants
XMas Curtain
Lil' Billy
O Is The One That Is Real
I Think I'm Going To Hell
Steam Engine
Dancefloors
icream
Rollin' Back
One In The Same
Touch Me I'm Going To Scream
Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2
Anytime
Mahgeeta
Bermuda Highway
Sooner
Breathin'
Where To Begin
Strangulation
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

Dillsnufus

I added in MLB 08 dancefloors, anytime,evil urges, and I think I'm going to hell.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Nikkogino

QuoteI created my own MMJ Rock Band songlist a few weeks back:

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1208952912

don't know how i didn't see that thread...

anyway, this needs to happen.  

Killgies

Did you see the South Park episode about Guitar Hero?

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

BuyOrangeRacket

Charter member of the Fucking Awesome Weirdos Association of Northern California.

Angry Ewok

QuoteMMJ: San Andreas

How hilariously fucking awesome would it be if someone were to design a Metalocalypse meets Grand Theft Auto styled viking game where the playable characters were My Morning Jacket...

Each band member, wearing viking gear, would be able to impale/decapitate/maim his enemy with his particular instrument...

If you collect all of the owl idols with the glowing eyes, you unlock the Okonokos Bear as a playable character. If you slay Lil' Billy and return the cigarette lighter to its rightful owner, you unlock the It Still Moves! grizzly bear.

Of course there would be alternate covers on the release date - each one featuring a particular member of the band.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.