The Stay Strong Until June 10 Thread

Started by mylifeisought, Apr 20, 2008, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteDamn, I hope the album gets released early.  I'm starting to worry about getting hit by a bus.   I can just see myself on my death bed....

Mom:  "Wait, I think he's trying to signal us somehow with his eyes.  OK, Dave, if you can hear me, blink once for yes, and two for no."

Four hundered and eighty seven yes or no questions later.....

Mom: So, you want us to download evil urges illegally, put it on your headphones, change your drip bag to a nice Cabernet and turn out the lights?

;)  (YES! YES! YES! YES!)

If you pass on before June 10th, I will happily play Evil Urges at your graveside. Just let me know if you die and I'll make it happen...

I'll play it at your graveside, but if you die tomorrow, I'm still going to have to wait until June 10th.  I'm not about to desecrate your graveside with a crappy mp3 version, if you can't even smell the liner notes.

Deal. ;D ;D ;D  Bring something with plenty of bass will ya?   Six feet of dirt is going to put quite a muffle on the subtle parts.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ms. yvon

That Bad Karma line is really getting to me.   But I do have this one question: If MMJ or their label or whoever is in charge didnt want Evil Urges to leak, than why did they send it to press/media/radio so early.

Still holdin strong...

i imagine it's a practical, deadline related thing.  if magazines were only publishing reviews, the release could wait a few weeks, but the band is getting FEATURE articles.  cover articles.  they're going to have to get the record to writers if they want it covered in the articles with any depth.
[size=16]
STAY STRONG!
[/size][/color]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

TEO

I am still strong! (As if I knew how to "leak" it anyhow  ;D)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

JerseyDan

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI am still strong! (As if I knew how to "leak" it anyhow  ;D)

I hear that can be a bit tougher when you're older...?
;)

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

RandallFlagg

Someone tried to tell me to wait for marriage to have sex when I was 13. They said it was better with someone you truely love. They lied.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteSomeone tried to tell me to wait for marriage to have sex when I was 13. They said it was better with someone you truely love. They lied.

And how exactly does this relate to the new album? And where is exactly is your bitterness being directed?

BH

Take that shit to another thread my friend.  This is the STAY STONG thread beaahhhtch.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

For all you people who didn't get listening parties and don't have one in your reigon: this is not a legit excuse to listen to the leak.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

tomEisenbraun

Someone told me when I was 13 that if waited til I found the girl I truly loved that sex would be the most incredible thing ever when we got hitched. Found the girl, AND I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT TO GET HITCHED IS ALL I'M SAYING.

Anticipation is a beautiful beautiful thing.

[size=9]Note: I'm not here to raise judgment about sex choices at all whatsoever. Your pick is your pick. Just gotta be true to yourself first and foremost. I've found mine, and that's where I'm at. Toodles![/size]

Dorothy_Mantooth

birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it.

"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

Angry Ewok

If the sex isn't great... it's not because they lied. It means one, or the two of you, are just really, really terrible in bed.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

QuoteTake that shit to another thread my friend.  This is the STAY STONG thread beaahhhtch.
TAKE IT TO THE STREETS, BEVIL!!!  YEAH!!  *fistintheair*

Jon T.

Quoteim gonna stick it in eviltracyurges' ass

Clever!

vespachick

So, I was just reading David Sedaris' new story which is featured in the current New Yorker and there's a paragraph that is just perfect for these times.  It's a story he's written about having been an avid non-smoker, then a smoker, then a finished smoker.  It's pretty good, the whole thing, but paragraph 4 really caught my attention:

"It wasn't the smoke but the smell of it that bothered me.  In later years, I didn't care so much, but at the time I found it depressing: the scent of neglect.  It wasn't so noticeable in the rest of the house, but then again the rest of the house was neglected.  My room was clean and orderly, and if I'd had my way it would have smelled like an album jacket the moment you remove the plastic. That is to say, it would have smelled like anticipation."  

Perfect.  Thanks David Sedaris. 8-)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

the_wizzard

QuoteSo, I was just reading David Sedaris' new story which is featured in the current New Yorker and there's a paragraph that is just perfect for these times.  It's a story he's written about having been an avid non-smoker, then a smoker, then a finished smoker.  It's pretty good, the whole thing, but paragraph 4 really caught my attention:

"It wasn't the smoke but the smell of it that bothered me.  In later years, I didn't care so much, but at the time I found it depressing: the scent of neglect.  It wasn't so noticeable in the rest of the house, but then again the rest of the house was neglected.  My room was clean and orderly, and if I'd had my way it would have smelled like an album jacket the moment you remove the plastic. That is to say, it would have smelled like anticipation."  

Perfect.  Thanks David Sedaris. 8-)

Yes!  I love David Sedaris!  Good find...must read in it's completed form!

ms. yvon

am hearing evil urges on the radio for the first time right now!!

WOO!

"it ain't evil, baby..."

harpua51

I had no idea this thread existed.  Im so glad that there are some more people out there like me.  

I have been downloading my music for years now.  I know that its wrong, but I just feel that what I have to do.  None the less I have made a decision that I will not get Evil Urges until June 10th.  I have been struggling with this for the last few weeks.  I want to hear this album so damn bad!!!!!  Now I have a strong community to go to for support!

;D

BuyOrangeRacket

I caved into my evil urges (bad me *punches self*). MMJ has been my favorite band for the last five years and I respect 'em enough to buy a physical copy of 'Urges no matter what. Besides, MP3s are not exactly lossless.
Charter member of the Fucking Awesome Weirdos Association of Northern California.