The Stay Strong Until June 10 Thread

Started by mylifeisought, Apr 20, 2008, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I can't get the vinyl anywhere near here. I am in my "happy place" now, and will be for the next hour.

So I am going to start listening after this post. You have the length of the first song to talk me out of it.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Anu

Wow. Next Tuesday will still be sweet, and y'all are the sweetest fans.

Now, back to listening to the album on the band's MySpace.

ycartrob

to this day, and forever, there are few things more exciting than patiently waiting for your favorite band's release date for their new album, going to your favorite locally owned record store, buying the album (or CD), driving home, getting home and unwrapping the CD, drawing the curtains, putting it in the ol' stereo,  cranking it up to 11, and letting all that anticipated bliss fill the corners of your life and home

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just like the old days.

:)

sweatboard

Quoteto this day, and forever, there are few things more exciting than patiently waiting for your favorite band's release date for their new album, going to your favorite locally owned record store, buying the album (or CD), driving home, getting home and unwrapping the CD, drawing the curtains, putting it in the ol' stereo,  cranking it up to 11, and letting all that anticipated bliss fill the corners of your life and home

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just like the old days.

:)

Yeah, It's to late to talk the Dark out of it but S,s,S,s,SEVEN!!!!  :-*
There's Still Time.........

Foxtrot76

well I guess there's really no point in waiting any longer then is there?

ms. yvon

wrong thread, foxtrot.  this is the STAY STRONG! thread.   [smiley=beer.gif]

full disclosure:  heard the record at a listening party, but have not dl'd anything.  just hearing the songs on the radio!  (kcrw)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

lisaskye

well as the foreplay continues, I will remain true to boys and not go there.
I am listening to Yo La Tengo, "Mr tough".
I am true to the listening experience.  I have pre ordered on ITUNES.

I am strong, STAY TRUE!!!  

The DARK

Best of luck to the rest of y'all holding out. I bowed out earlier today. Trust me, you're gonna love it.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Goat Boy

This is like The Contest in Seinfeld.  And similar to masturbation there was zero fucking chance of me holding out for, ooo, more than five minutes.  Plus you should never feel guilty for wanking.  Nor should you feel bad if you downloaded the album early but I respect the guys that did.  Hardcore.

Bigsky

I think I'm going to jiz myself...this has been such a buildup, OMFG!

Goat Boy

QuoteI think I'm going to jiz myself...this has been such a buildup, OMFG!

I hope the orgasm is one of those ones that makes you almost weep and thank God for having a penis.  

Penny Lane

i was strong until last night when i found out you could listen to the album in its entirety on their myspace page. i heard the album once at the listening party and then last night, i'm diggin the librarian---i'm hoping jim will settle for a sexy law student, though! ha ha  on 2 listens, i'm pretty excited about the album, although i can't say i'm over the moon like i was when i first heard Z and was blown away.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Prom King

Quotei was strong until last night when i found out you could listen to the album in its entirety on their myspace page.

Ditto That.  I was holding off for so long and then I see they are just giving it away now.  No way I was going to continue waiting.  Yes, I AM WEAK.

BUT.... I LOVE IT!!

Touch Me Pt 1..... this song is blowing my mind.  Never thought the jacket would sound like this.

Sec Walkin'..... perfecto

BRING IT RADIO CITY!! BRING IT!!!!!!!
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback"]http://www.last.fm/user/pastisback[/url]

NoVa_NoLa

Quotei was strong until last night when i found out you could listen to the album in its entirety on their myspace page. i heard the album once at the listening party and then last night, i'm diggin the librarian---i'm hoping jim will settle for a sexy law student, though! ha ha  on 2 listens, i'm pretty excited about the album, although i can't say i'm over the moon like i was when i first heard Z and was blown away.

I caved yesterday, too and listened to the Myspace tracks.  :D  I listened twice and then went back to obsessively listening to the Austin show.  :)

TGMC421

Agh!  Still strong!!  I may go play a track or 2 on one of the jukeboxes @ the bar tonight tho.   ;)  

Less than a week now!

laylow82

I still havent caved yet..but it is getting harder and harder.  June 10th is almost hear so i waited this long

Bigsky

It's like the week before Xmas, and all through the house...nothing was playing, not even my Evil Urges. I'm still stong, biznitch! 8-)

ycartrob

Still strong. In fact, I may wait until June 17th to get it. Who's with me?

wussies!

red

Still strong!  I will probably cave tomorrow though - I work one day a week at the only record store in a two hour radius, and that day happens to be when "New Releases" arrive.  So yeah, if Evil Urges comes in tomorrow I'm rushing home to my stereo and headphones after work.