Main Menu

Remnants

Started by The_DARK, Jun 04, 2008, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

This song is horribly underrated. If they extend it live then it could easily be the new Run Thru. Amazing guitar work from Jim and Carl.

Lyrics?
In another time, in another place, in another face

mjkoehler

I don't get what people are not liking about it. This song is just bad ass!

sweatboard

In Many Ways.  I REALLY REALLY LOVE the lyrics to this song.  So much so that I'm going to go get the liner notes right now and type them out for you.   :-*
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

j_rud

I was surprised to see it so low on many of the lists in the "rank the songs thread". Great tune, should be great live. Also think Highly Suspicious is going to translate well live and win a lot of people over.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

dragonboy

QuoteThis song is horribly underrated.
How can it be horribly underrated...the album isn't even out yet?!!?!!!  >:( ::) ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Dillsnufus

the second this leaked and I got up to this song I posted that this song is bad ass and it still is.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

sweatboard

REMNANTS

remnants of the empire - artifacts of love.
will i meet the designer, what will he dream up?
  remnants of the empire - gravity awake......
what's held down to the ground next round goes into space.
  rasing up the empire - innocence and faith-
what will hold you up and what will stand in your way?

then I saw a new "heaven" - formed in the bleeding light of dusk -
               all souls, all faiths, always - we were one.

raise a bayonet in the dark, for all the human race. :'(
watch out watch out you could GO the same way.

taking out the empire - watching from afar  :'(
it's not too late, we could make a new fate.  :)

sweatboard

I love the image of "Bleeding Light Of Dusk"  and "All Faiths, All Souls, Always We Were One"..............a NEW Heaven.

Have I mentioned I'm a BIG fan of this band?

mjkoehler

Thanks B. That makes me love this song even more.

sweatboard

"what's held down to the ground next round goes into space."

this line makes me think of the image on the cover of the record, the one of the guy stepping onto the ferris wheel.

sweatboard

SPACE!!  GO!!!  

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

Thanks for the lyrics.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

Strangulated

I didn't like this song (I thought it was dumb) until i heard it in the context of the album.  It and Aluminum Park are a refreshing kick in the balls (if there is such a thing) after the quieter, introspective songs.

tannisroot

Wow.  Seeing the lyrics changes everything about this song.  So do the liner notes contain the lyrics to all of the songs?  The songs almost always get better once you see the actual lyrics.

Love Dogg

QuoteWow.  Seeing the lyrics changes everything about this song.  So do the liner notes contain the lyrics to all of the songs?  The songs almost always get better once you see the actual lyrics.

I agree.  It was my least favorite because of the inconsistency of the chords.  I was just uneasy on the ears.  But after reading the lyrics while listening to it, I was able to permantently adjust the tone knobs in my head, affording myself the opportunity to "get it"...from now on.  Thanks
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

mjkoehler

QuoteWow.  Seeing the lyrics changes everything about this song.  So do the liner notes contain the lyrics to all of the songs?  The songs almost always get better once you see the actual lyrics.
yes from what I remember seeing a week ago.

Nikkogino

Remnants is and always will be the best song on Evil Urges.  Hopefully it is rocked hard live.

jrat

this song will be effin' awesome live........just ...a ...few ...more...days
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

Cameron

since listen one of this song i was pissed they didn't play it at SXSW.  awesome tune.