Evil Urges discussion........

Started by vedderhoon, Jun 09, 2008, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knotstilloose

Quoteknot where did you read about it?
sorry it took me so long to get back to ya, i can't remember where i read the original article, some link somewhere, but there is a similar story on their myspace...
[url="//whereisbrice.com"]whereisbrice.com[/url]

getinthevan

QuoteThis is my first day on the forum, according to what I have read that means some people may not think my opinion is valid. Well get bent as this is a discusion about music, which is art, which is all a personal opinion.

There's no reason your opinion shouldn't be valid.  It's not like you've come in here bashing everything left and right.  You've actually put thought into what you're saying.  And your second sentence is spot on, I wish more people here would realize that.  It's been sad to watch the peace and harmony slip away here in the last month or two.

That being said, welcome to the board!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

rob

QuoteWell I downloaded the album when it leaked (my copy arrived monday) so I've had enough time to digest it properly.  There's a couple of congs that do little for me.  The production bothers me a bit as well on certain tracks - Remnants for example sounds very 'dry'.  However I dig the title track - MMJ meets Curtis - and the soft bellbottom rock of Sec' Walkin' and Thank You Too floats my boat as well though I can see why some would have problems with them.  

This feels like a transitional album to me as others have noted.  It doesn't quite hang together like previous records and deffo not as smoothly as Z and consequently the album works better if you focus on individual tracks.  However just as the album seems to get going it stumbles a bit.  Two Halves and the clunky Aluminum Park (should never have been sequenced next to Remnants) are the main offendors for me.  

I could write a lot more and may come back to this when I get some time at work.

MMJ meets Curtis?

What are you trying to say?

Prettty sure he's saying MMJ meets Curtis Mayfield......the style of the title track.

Jim has mentioned being inspired by Curtis' music in recent interviews.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

Easy Morning Rebel

I love, love, LOVE 'Evil Urges'!!! It's seriously the best album I've heard in a long, long time. I won't be lying if I already say that this album is so going to be THE album of 2008 for a long, long time. Because, it will. And I'm happy, happy, HAPPY!!! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

TEO

It keeps on getting better with every listen!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary