Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt 2

Started by ycartrob, Jun 10, 2008, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt 2 = Cobra 2?
:o

lisaskye

Yes, EXACTLY!! What I was thinking today.....nice!!

sweatboard

DON'T YOU EVER TURN IT OFF..... :)
There's Still Time.........

allode

right when the song got going I thought to myself, "I've heard this before." then about half way it finally hit me, "Cobra!"

and Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2 is the only good song on the album.

BH

Quoteright when the song got going I thought to myself, "I've heard this before." then about half way it finally hit me, "Cobra!"

Oh, so there is one good song.  I see.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

cmccubbin25

Quoteright when the song got going I thought to myself, "I've heard this before." then about half way it finally hit me, "Cobra!"

glad you at least liked one song.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

shockadow

Name 1 bad song.  
I can't find it.  

Chicken Little.
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

allode

QuoteName 1 bad song.  
I can't find it.
bad songs=
Evil Urges
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, Pt. 1
Highly Suspicious
I'm Amazed
Thank You Too!
Sec Walkin
Two Halves
Librarian
Look At You
Aluminum Park
Remnants
Smokin from Shootin

good songs=
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, Pt. 2
Smokin from Shootin (Live, Acoustic Version from St. David's Church In Austin, TX)

BH

So the lyrics and vocals are awful on the album version of "Smokin'" but they are good on the solo version?  You just lost all credibility.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

cmccubbin25

QuoteSo the lyrics and vocals are awful on the album version of "Smokin'" but they are good on the solo version?  You just lost all credibility.

good observation!!!

allode chode...retort?
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

MarkW

You're dead right, Tracy.  For me, much of the album is a logical extension of the areas they explored with Cobra.

Allode, I really don't understand it.  You've been a member for one day, and posted 12 times all slating the new album.  WTF is that all about?

Now, if you'd been around for years (or even months or weeks) and given your views, you'd probably get a friendly enough reception.  

This is MMJ's site, and we're all excited about an album for which we've been waiting a mighty long time.  You're harshing our mellow, my friend...

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

lisaskye

this gem was under Other music...
"one song, one take, one cab" Jim and Carl and a black cab

http://www.blackcabsessions.com/sessions.php?id=1212166715&sort=mostviewed#

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

THE THING THAT COMES TO MIND REMEMBERING THIS SESSION, APART FROM THE LOVELY TWO MY MORNING JACKETS, CLAD IN CLOAKS AND CARRYING AN OMNICHORD, IS THE CABBIES. THE FIRST CABBY WE HAILED WAS AN ESCAPED CONVICT. MAYBE. BECAUSE ONCE WE EXPLAINED WHAT WE WERE PLANNING TO DO, HE COVERED UP HIS FACE AND DECLINED SAYING 'I DON'T LIKE CAMERAS ME, NEVER WANT TO BE ON TV, PLEASE LEAVE'. ATTEMPT TWO WAS A WHOLE DIFFERENT KETTLE OF POISSON. THIS CABBY COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE UP FOR IT AND AT THE END SAID HE WOULD GO STRAIGHT TO BUY THEIR CD. AND JUDGING BY THIS PERFORMANCE, WE'D SAY HE'S ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

magbt

Not quite sure how you can suggest that all the songs save one are BAD.  Not just not as good as their old stuff, but actually BAD...as in you would prefer not listen to them at all?  Sounds a bit dramatic to me.  Could some of us possibly be trying not to like the album?  Can you say that the gorgeous simplicity of "Sec Walkin," and "Librarian" as well as impressive guitar work and melodies of "Evil Urges" and "I'm Amazed" are downright bad?

I understand people's problems with the "new direction" and that some of the songs are a little weaker than their past efforts.  But it seems to me like a lot of people on this blog expected the next Sgt. Peppers or Pet Sounds and are being hyper-hyper-critical and tearing down a pretty damn good album when it doesn't meet an unreasonably high standard.  It's no Z, but if its in the same orbit as Z that a relative success in itself.  MMJ is a band that is going to put out  alot of records in their carrer, some of them will likely become classics and others will just have to settle for being quite good.  I think when we look back at Evil Urges with a little perspective a lot of people will get over the suprise and dissapointment over what they consider the band's "transformation" and view the album much more favorably.  

knotstilloose

bad songs on eu...

i got nothing :D
[url="//whereisbrice.com"]whereisbrice.com[/url]

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

BIGVICLBI

I really don't dig part 1 at all but part 2 is great.

Goat Boy

Part 2 is super sleek, sexy and positively shimmers with a silvery, feminine grace.  I have no idea if Jim James has done many drugs but this is, effectively, a tribute to E for me.  That loved up druggy euphoria captured by the 'this feeling is wonderful, don't you ever turn it off' line could be one of those sampled voices you get on hard house tracks.   Damn, I miss that warm Esctasy glow - like a hug from a favourite relative.  The following verse sums up the experience well I think.  The empathy with other people, the warmth and the general loved up feeling from the drug.

"i can see it...all. by the way you smile.
i'm smiling too! i see myself in you.
i am with it! ooh man i am wired!
ooh my lord! ooh my lord- yeah...now i really know why! "

Of course, it probably isn't about drugs at all!

Touch Me Part 1 is the biggest grower on the album for me.  The kind of song that some fans will instantly dislike partly due to the production but one that grows over time.  I think it's one of the best songs on Evil Urges and the coda is especially powerful and one of my favourite passages on the record.  It will sound great live I suspect.  More organic.  I'd like to see them doing more of this stuff and less fluff like Two Halves.

ms. yvon

AHA!

great call, tracy!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the build in this song.  
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."