Are they getting any radio airplay?

Started by ctdeadhead, Jun 06, 2008, 07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTdeadhead

Just curious, I listen to exactly zero radio outside of NPR so Im curious are they getting played anywhere?  None of my friends have heard it in CT, but theres only two or three rock stations that stick to Metal or Classic Rock.  

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

I heard "I'm Amazed" in Bloomington, IN.  Not sure which station.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

The DARK

I hear I'm Amazed a lot on my local station.
In another time, in another place, in another face

evilPaauwe

i hear I'm Amazed yesterday!
Totally amazed me.
cheers.

ManNamedTruth

Heard them a few times on WYEP (NPR) and once on The X (the big "alternative" station) on their show that features new music, most of it doesn't stay for too long. I've heard a variety of songs, I'm Amazed, Touch Me part 2, Evil Urges.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Chico

They are playing the heck out of "I'm Amazed" in Austin on KGSR.  

capt. scotty

QuoteHeard them a few times on WYEP (NPR) and once on The X (the big "alternative" station) on their show that features new music, most of it doesn't stay for too long. I've heard a variety of songs, I'm Amazed, Touch Me part 2, Evil Urges.

Surprised to hear they were on YEP, they usually only play much softer stuff. I was actually wondering if they would play MMJ on the X or not (Ill be back in the burgh in about 10 days...I think Im going to call in a request to the X, been about 10 years since ive done that!). Which songs did you hear on each station?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

whyteand82nd

nothing here in atlanta.
but i havent been listening to the radio much since all the cool stations have sold out to the top 100 shit
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

ManNamedTruth

QuoteHeard them a few times on WYEP (NPR) and once on The X (the big "alternative" station) on their show that features new music, most of it doesn't stay for too long. I've heard a variety of songs, I'm Amazed, Touch Me part 2, Evil Urges.

Surprised to hear they were on YEP, they usually only play much softer stuff. I was actually wondering if they would play MMJ on the X or not (Ill be back in the burgh in about 10 days...I think Im going to call in a request to the X, been about 10 years since ive done that!). Which songs did you hear on each station?

i think yep plays a great mix and wasn't surprised at all. i'm a yep member but need to renew. They played I'm Amazed and Evil Urges. Edge of The X played Touch Me Part 2, which is an odd choice. When Z came out, I heard Dondante on Edge of The X. Whoever is making these decisions is really screwing up. Not that those aren't great songs, just not good introduction type songs.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TFowl

QuoteI heard "I'm Amazed" in Bloomington, IN.  Not sure which station.

Heh, I live in Bloomington too.  Not uncommon at all, college town... of course they'd be playing MMJ.

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

Cool, you're the first (other) Bloomingtonian I've seen on here.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

ms. yvon

hearing "i'm amazed" right now on kcrw, los angeles.  this dj (gary calamar, sundays 9-midnight) has been playing a song each show for the last month.

i heard an instrumental break from one of the new songs on NPR played as a music bed under a story transition.

woo!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

shockadow

I was in Charleston @ a beach shop and I'm Amazed was on.  I asked if it was a CD but it was the radio.  Charleston=check!!!
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

getinthevan

I hear Touch Me Pt. 2 on Michigan State's radio station recently.  Actually a friend pulled up and when he got out of his car I heard it for a second.  I made him turn his car back on so I could hear more of it.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

maddon

Evil Urges was Album of the week last week in Australia for Triple J radio.   And had a phone interview with Mr James himself.

It was awesome!   :D
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

mjkoehler

They were playing Thank You Too on the elevator here a work. I rode up and down a few times.

Jbones72

They are playing I'm Amazed on the new rock station WRXP in NYC. Also I've heard a few songs on the local college stations in NY and NJ during the weekend.

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteI rode up and down a few times.

That's what she said.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

mjkoehler

Nice.

Did kind of walk right into that one. D'oh!

Tony Two Tone

"I'm Amazed" is being played regularly on Dave FM in Atlanta!