Rank the EU tracks...

Started by vacuuMan, May 27, 2008, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...vacuuman...

you have favorites, i have favorites.  diff'rent strokes for diff'rent fans.  what you got?  (feel free to disregard good intentions... or not)

tmigts pt.1
tmigts pt.2
evil urges
i'm amazed
smokin' from shootin'
thank you too
highly suspicious
two halves
librarian
sec walkin'
look at you
aluminum park
remnants

summary: basically, and song that includes "touch me i'm going to scream" in the title is a winner.  i would like to request parts 3 through 7 if possible.  gracias...
$240 worth of puddin'

logan5ive

smokin' from shootin'
i'm amazed
aluminum park
remnants
evil urges
thank you too
two halves
sec walkin'
librarian
look at you
tmigts pt.1
tmigts pt.2
highly suspicious
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

ManNamedTruth

thank you too
smokin' from shootin'
touch me part 2
evil urges
i'm amazed
librarian
sec walkin'
touch me part 1
remnants
aluminum park
look at you
two halves
highly suspicious

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Angry Ewok

Top Five
     Smokin' From Shootin'
     Evil Urges
     Aluminum Park
     Touch ME I'm Going To Scream
     Touch ME I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Dillsnufus

smokin from shootin
highly suspicious
remnants
tmigs 1 +2
aluminum park
sec walkin
librarian
thank you too
I'm amazed
look at you
two halves(for some reason reminds me of green day)

summary: overall great album the problem is if your just getting into this band it might be hard becaue of the variation. for example I don't think people could just get into the title track because its different than other songs people hear today. (which is a good thing if you ask me)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

tobiasfunke

Evil Urges
Touch Me Part 2
Smokin
I'm Amazed
Highly Suspicious
Aluminum Park
Thank You Too
Sec Walkin
Librarian
Touch Me Part 1
Remnants
Two Halves
Look At You

biles1234

thank you too
touch me part 2
evil urges
i'm amazed
touch me part 1
smokin' from shootin'
sec walkin'
aluminum park
look at you
librarian
remnants
two halves
highly suspicious

Goat Boy

Smokin From Shootin
Touch Me part 2
Thank You Too
Librarian
Evil Urges
Touch Me part 1
Remnants
Look At You
Sec Walkin
I'm Amazed
Highly Suspicious
Aluminum Park
Two Halves

petemoss

this might change tomorrow:

smokin from shootin
evil urges
touch me part 1
touch me part 2
highly suspicious (somedays this is number 2, lol)
librarian
thank you too
im amazed
two halves
sec walkin
aluminum park
remnant

markcel

It so difficult to do, I love this album more each time I listen to it.  But here goes:

Currently:
Thank You Too  (This is the somg that has grown on me the most)
Smoking From Shooting
I'm Amazed
TMIGtS P2
Evil Urges
Sec Walking
TMIGtS P1
Two Halves
Librarian
Look At You
Highly Suspicious
Aluminium Park
Remnants

Like I said it is difficult, songs move up and down depending on the mood.  I really like this album though, thats for sure.  Can't wait for the tour.

tannisroot

Deleted original post.  Rethinking it.  

Angry Ewok

QuoteAs an atheist I am still able to connect with the divine via My Morning Jacket's music.

Funny you say that, I'm always stunned to find out an MMJ Enthusiast is an atheist.

peanut butter puddin surprise

I'm very confused as to how MMJ's music could be painted as having Christian references.  I don't hear any lyrics about rosary beads or communion or even New Testament things.  

I do hear spiritual references, but I can't hear anything Christian about them.  Should Jim write a song about the Torah?  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Angry Ewok

Well, I can see where the Christian thing comes from... Am I the only one who has noticed that Jim has referred to either God or Heaven or both in every single one of MMJ's major releases, with the exception of Z, which instead has a title track named Gideon?

ManNamedTruth

QuoteAs an atheist I am still able to connect with the divine via My Morning Jacket's music.

Funny you say that, I'm always stunned to find out an MMJ Enthusiast is an atheist.

music is universal, shouldn't matter what religion you are or if you're religious at all.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteWell, I can see where the Christian thing comes from... Am I the only one who has noticed that Jim has referred to either God or Heaven or both in every single one of MMJ's major releases, with the exception of Z, which instead has a title track named Gideon?

I get that, but that doesn't make it Christian, just spiritual...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Angry Ewok

QuoteWell, I can see where the Christian thing comes from... Am I the only one who has noticed that Jim has referred to either God or Heaven or both in every single one of MMJ's major releases, with the exception of Z, which instead has a title track named Gideon?

Most of us probably don't care either other way, but I'm just sayin' I understand why people see the Judeo-Christian influence - because Jim doesn't just ambiguously reference them, he specifically names them.

Does Jebus count?

;D

music is universal, shouldn't matter what religion you are or if you're religious at all.

Right, but I'm always shocked to hear a MMJ fan is atheists because atheists by definition deny a greater being and consider any idea of God to be senseless, even while they enjoy what I consider absolute proof of an existence greater than ours - really spiritually powerful music. Jim writes about the beauty and wonder of the world, and whatnot... You know what I'm saying.

Again, to quote Ecclesiastes, all of this is meaningless in the wide scope of things - just a good discussion. I'm totally indifferent about it and I wouldn't care one bit if Jim wrote a song about Thor or Jesus.

blueskyink

smokin' from shootin'
tmigts pt.2
highly suspicious
librarian
evil urges
tmigts pt.1
i'm amazed
sec walkin'
thank you too
two halves
aluminum park
look at you
remnants

Really a superb record, from my second favorite to my 6th its hard to place in order, but I managed.

Strangulated

Librarian – This song is marred by the amateurish lyric "if everybody gave like everybody could".  Otherwise it could be a great song.  I wish it ended the first time he said "...and let down your hair for me" without getting all touchy feely.

I don't think he's making a statement charity and generosity.  I think he's talking about not being needlessly reserved and hiding your true beauty from the world.  I guess it's still kind of lame, but in the intimate context of the song I think it's an incredibly apt observation.

tbw

The following quote is from a review of James' recent solo performance in London see(http://www.nme.com/news/my-morning-jacket/36828).....

Referring to the atmospheric setting, James told the crowd: "I always feel the presence of God when I'm in a church, even though I don't really believe or know what God is".