BIG DIFFERENCE!

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Jun 20, 2008, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Today is my first time spinning Evil Urges on my home stereo behemoth (been carrying it around in my vehicle's cd player)  and there is so much I missed because of road noise etc.  I highly recommend this method of playback over the mobil kind--I think EU just kicked Z's ass  8-)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Coltrane

Agreed.....and try headphones too.....lot's there....

and the vinyl to me sounds heavier...is that possible??
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Sherpa

Ive found this to be true, as well. Headphones is the best medium for me. Especially on songs like smokin from shootin and touch me part 1

Tony Two Tone

Get yourself a nice set up in the car.  Good mids and highs couple of tweeters extra 6x9's in the back and a nice sub and you'll be rocking.  Music in my car sounds awesome.

But still nothing compares to vinyl.......can't wait for It Still Moves on vinyl in July!

laylow82

yeah the experience is so much better on headphones.  I notice some subtle things in the mix that i didnt hear whil listening on my car stereo.  Like for instance during evil urges, you actually hear jims regular singing voice buried under the falseto.  Its really cool

bluntmaster

I like head phones because it goes directly to my brain.   one of the best intentions ever.

mjkoehler

BIG stereo works. Good high quality headphones work real nice also. You hear some little things you miss otherwise.

freeport

what type of setup do y'all use for vinyl? i'm looking to buy a player and some speakers but don't want to drop a ton of cash.

DavidCrosby

the head phones, vinyl combo made the difference for me
listen to vinyl

Tony Two Tone

Quotewhat type of setup do y'all use for vinyl? i'm looking to buy a player and some speakers but don't want to drop a ton of cash.

Just get a cheap little Crosley Traveler....it's not too expensive if you just want something to hold you over....the speakers are like two 4 inchers but I promise you, you will not believe what you will hear if you are use to mp3's and cds a lot.