This Guy is an ASS!

Started by Tony30052, Jun 22, 2008, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Two Tone

Just doing my weekly search for MMJ vinyl albums.....hoping to find a good price....found this guy listing almost all of them...

You can buy brand new MMJ vinyls at Best Buy, Circuit City and TONS of record stores online like earXtacy for like $20, ISM is TEN DOLLARS when it comes out in June and Okonokos is like $35 I think.

He's got them priced:

TTF-55
AD-55
Z-55
OK-65!!!

Now some poor chap is gonna think he's getting something special and it's nothing but a pure rip off!

And he says "Only 1000 copies printed"

AND---"Everyone knows this was essentially their break out album. Rare repress on coloured vinyl one orange one red sold out instantly.. Original sells for over 100$. Grab this while you can no others on ebay."

Go check it out:

Seller is "spiffgolf"

Item numbers:

I'm all for making a buck but not only is this misleading this guy is a jerk!

blueskyink

yeah, i saw that on there.

I have actually sent emails to sellers about shit like that just to bother them.  One guy was selling At Dawn for $90 buy it now a few weeks before the represses came out.  It pissed me off.  People just trying to make a killing off of others who are always on top of the current info.

Angry Ewok

I have seen original copies of At Dawn and Tennessee Fire sell for over $100... That, at least, was an accurate statement.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

Yeah, those original vinyls of TTF and AD will remain high in value for a long time. I'm glad that the represses have a different color scheme to them, if only to help preserve the quality and "specialness" of those first pressings for those lucky enough to own them while still giving new guys a chance to own the albums on vinyl themselves and have something special in its own right. I've got ISM, Z, AcousticitsuocA, and Okonokos all from their original pressings, but no At Dawn or Tennessee Fire, and I'm diggin the fact that so few people own those, and that it won't be much trouble to tell who owns an original and who's got a reprint. Cool deal.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.