Evil Urges sounds like...

Started by ycartrob, Jul 05, 2008, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Prince singing about God, without reverb.

[size=9](all sarcastic statements shall be written in green)[/size]

corey

BEST. THREAD. EVER.

(and I'm pretty sure I haven't opened any of the threads in anything besides "other music" and "off-topic" in a couple of weeks).

;D

DavidCrosby

...I watched this Prince documentary on TV last night because I hear all these comparisons to the new MMJ and Prince (every review mentions Prince) and I watched it and listened to the music and I dont see the connection (maybe the high pitched vocals but that is it)....

.....and also I wish we could stop with the same Evil Urges thread, its good, we like it, lets move on.....
listen to vinyl

ycartrob

Quote...I watched this Prince documentary on TV last night because I hear all these comparisons to the new MMJ and Prince (every review mentions Prince) and I watched it and listened to the music and I dont see the connection (maybe the high pitched vocals but that is it)....

I disagree; the title of Prince's 5th album is 1999, and the first track is 1999. Well, lo and behold, if the first song off MMJ's 5th album isn't called Evil Urges! And the the name of the album is also Evil Urges. Coincidence? Hardly.

so, there's that.

Tony Two Tone

Prince doesn't have shit on MMJ

DavidCrosby

Quote...I watched this Prince documentary on TV last night because I hear all these comparisons to the new MMJ and Prince (every review mentions Prince) and I watched it and listened to the music and I dont see the connection (maybe the high pitched vocals but that is it)....

I disagree; the title of Prince's 5th album is 1999, and the first track is 1999. Well, lo and behold, if the first song off MMJ's 5th album isn't called Evil Urges! And the the name of the album is also Evil Urges. Coincidence? Hardly.

so, there's that.

....how does the music sound the same though, that has nothing to do with it....does that mean since Black Sabbath's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (their fifth album) first track is Sabbath Bloody Sabbath that it is like Evil Urges too????......
listen to vinyl

ycartrob

so, there's that.

....how does the music sound the same though, that has nothing to do with it....does that mean since Black Sabbath's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (their fifth album) first track is Sabbath Bloody Sabbath that it is like Evil Urges too????......

not trying to be a dick, but I edited my initial post to clear it up.

DavidCrosby

so, there's that.

not trying to be a dick, but I edited my initial post to clear it up.

...don't feel like a dick, constructive conversation is a good thing....
listen to vinyl

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

wait I thought green meant be environmental? and amber and orange meant terrorists are coming? and red means stop.  head.. about.. to.. explode.. everythings spinning... too... many...colors...associated...with...stuff...to...comprehend...computer stAtus failure...malfunction...malfunction...power...dow... ... ...(beep).

DavidCrosby

....back to the Prince comparison though.....why does every review say something about Prince....I dont get it at all.....hopefully Jim and the Gang doesn't start dressing like him and having all those weird chicks on stage and a over produced stage show.....
listen to vinyl

corey

(I'm pretty sure this whole thread is supposed to be a joke, David.