Oh Sweet Nuthin' (Bonnaroo 2008)

Started by DavidCrosby, Jul 08, 2008, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidCrosby

....so I had to drive from Connecticut to Delaware and on my way I listened to the entire Bonnaroo show from 2008 (it lasted me till I got to Delaware and then I got lost and needed to listen to the first disc again)......ANYWAY on my way down during "Oh Sweet Nuthin'" right when the guitar solo comes in I saw this amazing firework display further on down the highway, it was so fucking amazing......just another unexplainable occurance while listening to the Jacket......

listen to vinyl

mymonkeyfriend

how did you get this on a disc? i know that link was posted a few weeks back, but i could not convert it to itunes to make a CD. Any suggestions?

Salacious D

That's incredible. . . I swear that song is magical. I nearly peed myself when I heard those first notes.

Scratch that--that BAND is magical. . . .

As far as getting it in iTunes to put it on a cd--You may just try downloading the mp3's instead of the flac files--but if you're insistant on using the flacs, I used a program called Fluke http://earpick.cubicfruit.com/2008/05/15/fluke-play-flacs-in-itunes/ to convert them, but it was kind of a pain in the butt.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Penny Lane

oh man, i'd love to have this too but i can't put any of that stuff on my laptop. i'll try it the way you recommend.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

blueskyink

If you downloaded the FLAC version just use Nero to burn it to disc, I believe you have to download a plug-in for FLAC's on a pc, but its really easy to find, if you have any problems just do some research on the ol' interweb, there is a ton of info on it.

Also if you bothered to download the FLAC version you might as well burn it to cd so you have a hard copy of lossless files, then you can import it on to your computer in a lossy (mp3, aac, aif, etc.) format, there is no point of dl the uncompressed version just to compress it on your computer and delete the source.  Hope this helps a little, let me know if anyone needs a little more specific guidance and I can go into greater detail when I get out of work.

FLAC website & codec for pc & mac: http://flac.sourceforge.net/

If anyone is looking for the mp3 version of Roo '08 head over to thesteamengine blog, he kindly uploaded it to mediafire for everyone.
http://www.thesteamengine.blogspot.com/

laylow82

oh man i couldnt believe they covered this song.  Its one of my fav songs ever and it just comes full circle for me that one of my fav bands sees the great value of this song.  

The bonnaroo version was explosive.  They def did the song justice

Salacious D

Quoteoh man i couldnt believe they covered this song.  Its one of my fav songs ever and it just comes full circle for me that one of my fav bands sees the great value of this song.  

The bonnaroo version was explosive.  They def did the song justice
Yuppers. Well put. I didn't even mind when he botched the second verse  :)
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

DavidCrosby

....yea they did fuck up the lyrics but it's Velvet Underground/Lou Reed, its never really the same extact lyrics....the guitar solo makes my head to boom.....
listen to vinyl

Penny Lane

QuoteIf you downloaded the FLAC version just use Nero to burn it to disc, I believe you have to download a plug-in for FLAC's on a pc, but its really easy to find, if you have any problems just do some research on the ol' interweb, there is a ton of info on it.

Also if you bothered to download the FLAC version you might as well burn it to cd so you have a hard copy of lossless files, then you can import it on to your computer in a lossy (mp3, aac, aif, etc.) format, there is no point of dl the uncompressed version just to compress it on your computer and delete the source.  Hope this helps a little, let me know if anyone needs a little more specific guidance and I can go into greater detail when I get out of work.

FLAC website & codec for pc & mac: http://flac.sourceforge.net/

If anyone is looking for the mp3 version of Roo '08 head over to thesteamengine blog, he kindly uploaded it to mediafire for everyone.
http://www.thesteamengine.blogspot.com/

i tried also, there's something weird about the link--i could download everything else on the site (the wilco show, etc) but i can't click on the MMJ link for some reason. i have the flac program but that link still won't work. wonder what i'm doing wrong?

Penny Lane

sorry for posting again--i was able to download but not w/the first link (complete show) i downloaded from the link lower down with 6 parts. awesome!!! i can't wait to walk to the train to listen to tyrone live ;-)

blueskyink

I'm pretty sure that the 6 part links are missing the last four songs, click on the comments section and go to the mediafire link posted in there to get the rest of the songs.  

Also did you try copy and pasting the megaupload link for the first one, thats what I did and it worked fine, the hotlink doesn't work when you click on it but just copy & paste.

Jim Jams

One of the greatest songs ever written, played live by one of the greatest bands ever... :P