melt with you

Started by daddyo1973, Jul 12, 2008, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyo1973

I would like to hear MyMorning Jacket's take on Melt With You. I know of no other band who could pull this off with true style and grace. This is a challenge if you will.

Penny Lane

interesting. not sure i could picture that....! i'd love them to do pulp's common people
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Quoteinteresting. not sure i could picture that....! i'd love them to do pulp's common people
I think i officially love you now. You already know my love for Pulp anyway. This would just put the world right. Or maybe Do You Remember the First Time.

To stay on point, hmmm not sure how to picture them doing Melt With You. Full band or solo acoustic? hmmmm

slimkim

it would be interesting. but this is one of the better if not the best cover of the song...

by Nouvelle Vague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORMqRuiAueQ

you might recognize it from taco hell commercials...

slim
there's a pool and a pond... pond's good for you...

DavidCrosby

....I always heard about Pulp and decided to get one of there records, I got Different Class....lets say I haven't listened to it since the first time I heard it....should I try another album of there's or is it hopeless????.....
listen to vinyl

mjkoehler

Quote....I always heard about Pulp and decided to get one of there records, I got Different Class....lets say I haven't listened to it since the first time I heard it....should I try another album of there's or is it hopeless????.....
wow. Any of their other albums are great as well as Jarvis's solo album. I think Different Class is there most accessible album (not a bad thing mind you). Try it again you may find that it grows on you. I am really partial to His 'n' Hers but that's just me. Pulp is not easy on the American palate so to speak. I regret never having seen them live, but that's what I get from growing up in Nebraska.

Penny- You got anything to add?

Penny Lane

i LOVE different class-not sure they get much better than that....his and hers second, though..this is hardcore i was not crazy about but there's some good dark stuff there. i haven't followed jarvis's solo career, for no particular reason---what do you recommend? he's playing around here soon i think i read the other day

i used to have this huge poster of him above my bed and that's when i first started wearing my dark rimmed librarian glasses (before everyone did it in the 90s)...jarvis was my fahion hero!! i put a different class up there w/definitely maybe, stone roses, P Weller-stanley road-- as far as classic 90s britpop you HAVE to have in your collection---remember when jarvis mooned michael jackson singing to all children and he got hauled off stage at the brit awards!! OMG..the memories

mjkoehler

I love Jarvis. He only has one true solo album titled Jarvis. It is fantastic. It is filled with his unique (ie somewhat twisted) sense of life. I would highly recommand it to anyone. I mean, come on when you have a song like this, how can you go wrong.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Her2M_zZDEI[/media]

Penny Lane

wow not used to the long hair--that's awesome-i may check that out