Vinyl dates pushed back.......

Started by Tony30052, Jul 22, 2008, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Two Tone

Been counting the days to July 22nd and I just get online to purchase it still moves and it's been pushed back to Sep 2nd!  I hate BestBuy.com

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM BESTBUY.COM!

I purchased Tennessee Fire on vinyl a month ago, they said it was backordered should be there in like 2 weeks its been 4 and they still havent even shipped it yet.

bold99

QuoteBeen counting the days to July 22nd and I just get online to purchase it still moves and it's been pushed back to Sep 2nd!  I hate BestBuy.com

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM BESTBUY.COM!

I purchased Tennessee Fire on vinyl a month ago, they said it was backordered should be there in like 2 weeks its been 4 and they still havent even shipped it yet.

Best Buy is the last place I would ever order vinyl from.  Go to acousticsounds or musicdirect.  I've had Tenn Fire and At Dawn for about a month now, they are awesome on vinyl.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ellisintransit

"Best Buy is the last place I would ever order vinyl from."

QFT

Except maybe Wal-Mart.  How long til they start doing it too?  Hehe.

blueskyink

Yeah, definitely stop buying vinyl from best buy, Acousticsounds and Musidirect are better.

I said it in another thread and I will say it again, Fuck ATO Records, their whole distribution of MMJ vinyl has failed miserably.

DavidCrosby

...I got my copy of EU today, but should have gotten that damn reissue of ISM too....
listen to vinyl

elzar

yep - bestbuy sucks. i pre-ordered a bunch of stuff from them and never got any of it - and the customer service rep i spoke to didnt even know they sold vinyls! requested my money back, will shop elsewhere. same goes for amazon and tower - crap crap crap

DavidCrosby

Quoteyep - bestbuy sucks. i pre-ordered a bunch of stuff from them and never got any of it - and the customer service rep i spoke to didnt even know they sold vinyls! requested my money back, will shop elsewhere. same goes for amazon and tower - crap crap crap

...does Amazon suck???....I always save up change and put it in the Coin Star when the jar is full and if you turn it into a gift certificate for Amazon they don't take a fee out, so I do that and just buy CD's, but I was planning on getting vinyl this time and was wondering how the shipping/packaging of their stuff was....
listen to vinyl

elzar

Quoteyep - bestbuy sucks. i pre-ordered a bunch of stuff from them and never got any of it - and the customer service rep i spoke to didnt even know they sold vinyls! requested my money back, will shop elsewhere. same goes for amazon and tower - crap crap crap

...does Amazon suck???....I always save up change and put it in the Coin Star when the jar is full and if you turn it into a gift certificate for Amazon they don't take a fee out, so I do that and just buy CD's, but I was planning on getting vinyl this time and was wondering how the shipping/packaging of their stuff was....

amazon likes to use these overly huge boxes with LP's just sitting at the bottom bouncing and sliding around, only stuffed with a few air bag stuffings.

as for their CD's - I used to buy from them until i found out they were selling me BMG music club crap. the same CD's anyone can get from their club.

tomEisenbraun

I might be a little out of the loop here, but what's wrong with BMG CD's? Is it a quality issues? Or a moral/ethical one?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

elzar

QuoteI might be a little out of the loop here, but what's wrong with BMG CD's? Is it a quality issues? Or a moral/ethical one?

the artwork looks copied or cheaply printed, not like the original - the artwork on the disc may not be the same or also cheaply printed.
Audio may be edited versions (clean) of the original albums.

also - if you ever try to trade or sell BMGz CDs at a record store or whatnot, they dont even want them most times, or offer a fraction of the value of original. Most of them dont even have UPC's because they were only offered through their club service (the buy 1 get 9 free or whatever) - well, these are the ones amazon has sent me and i was very unhappy, if i wanted these, i would just join the club myself.